NENJAM MARAPATHILAI - 3

Partha's POV: 

"uhmmm.. Partha... your mom was calling you." 

I turned around hearing her voice. She must have seen everything. There was nothing I could hide now. 

"She asked you to come downstairs." She said trying to be as casual as possible. 

She stood there in front of me but she was not mine. She belonged to someone else. Was is so simple for her to forget me and start dating another guy? 

Was she in love with a guy that wasn't me? What happened was all my fault but my ego had never let me apologize to her. 

I wanted her back. but how?  

"Uhmm... I'll get going." she turned to leave. 

"Nila!" I said as I hurried to the door and closed the door. 

"Wh..att are you..doing?" She wasn't expecting this from me. 

Now or Never. 

I pulled her to the wall and started to kiss her hungrily, letting out the pain I suffered for a  whole year without her by my side.

She tried to push me away but the force I was using against her was stronger and she gave in. 

Tears ran down her eyes that she had closed as soon as I had started to kiss. She had always done that. She shuts her eyes close.  

Over time she relaxed and started kiss me back. With that kiss, we both read each other's unsaid words.

When I sensed her running out of breath, I released her. 

She pushed me away and started to walk away when I pulled her wrist. 

"Nila... I missed you." I said.

She didn't look back at me. She tried to pull away and I released her. She walked away as if nothing had happened. 

I walked downstairs and and went to look for her but was greeting by mom. 

"There you are. You haven't ate dinner yet. go eat." She said.

I looked around no trace of Nila nor her two friends Priya and Mira. 

"What did you do to her?" Prashanth asked. 

I could see he was angry but how was I supposed to know who he was talking about? Of course I knew who he was talking about. I should have known it was his plan. He found out day one and he had to test this out. 

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She left." He said with a straight face.

"I need her." I said.

"What about Riya then?"

"I'll apologize to Riya for everything and break up with her." I said.

"I want to help you but from what I know, the issue was from your side." He said.

"It was." I said.

The new few days, I tried to reach her but even Prashanth couldn't find her. A couple of weeks have passed by and I wanted to give her some time before I go back and apologize. It was wrong of me to just kiss her out of the blue. 

"Do you know her classes?" I asked prashanth.

"No." He said. 

"Mira and Priya wouldn't tell me where she is at." Prashanth said cutting the call. 

I couldn't handle this pain no longer. I drove to the Pub and ordered a few drinks. I took a sip when I started to hallucinate. 

My eyes caught Nila sitting in the corner with a guy.  She looked drunk. Nila? Drunk? She doesn't even let me get drunk but why is she here? I was hallucinating. No... what if it was her?

"Nilaaaa" I walked towards her. 

"I need to go home." Nila was saying to the guy in a drunk state. 

"You can go home after I'm done with you." The guy was saying.

"No!!" She was whining. 

"Ok come.. let's go." The guy was taking her somewhere.

"NO! DONT TOUCH!" Nila said pushing him away but tripping. 

"Nila!" I ran to catch her. 

"PARTHA!! What....doing...here?" She asked as the guy with her looked at me surprised for a sec and started to run away.

"Heyy...Stop!! Who are you?" I started to run behind him but looking back at Nila's state, I couldn't just leave her. 

"Come... let's go." I said. 

"Where?" She asked.

"Do you still live in the same apartment?" I asked.

"No." She said.

I decided to call MIra. I'm sure they were room mates. 

"What do you want Partha? Because of you Nila is going out on her own and still hasnt came back." She sounded worried.

"She's with me. Send me your address and I'll drop her." I said. 

"What? How's she with you?" She was surprised.

"Just send me the address. We can discuss this later." I said as I helped Nila to the passenger side of the car.

"Parthaa...you are drunkkk.... I ...drive..." She said as I couldn't do much but chuckle. 

"Then you must be sober?" I asked.

"Yes... Nila...doesn't drink." She said as she laid on the seat and started to snooze off to sleep. 

"Partha..." She mumbled as I started to drive. 

"I.... hate you...why you leave me....you never listened to me...." She was mumbling as the day flooded back.