Chapter 1

Joshua's POV

"You may now kiss the bride," The priest finalized. Ugh, I felt like gagging, watching my new step-mom Stephanie, lock lips with my dad was the worst. Not only is it disturbing, but he's kissing another woman that isn't and will never be or replace my real mother. My new step-sister made her way over to me.

"I can tell you're upset, I mean I feel the same way, and not that I don't like your dad or anything, he's a really great guy, and if he's making my mother happy then that's all that really matters to me, and I hope they don't regret this," She smiled. I guess she could have her soft moments but most of the time when she talks to me it's to insult me in any possible way. She once said that I had awkward hands, which made absolutely no sense but she thought so.

"Well...I don't like your mom, she's not my mom, and she's always trying to act like she is, and I wish she would just butt out of my life." I finished. She could tell by my stern expression I was finished talking to her. Her face though seemed hurt, well I was talking about her mother, but if she was going to be honest about her feelings, I had to cut clean as well.

Our parents made their way toward us, so I quickly wrapped my arm around my step-sister's waist.

"Gosh, I'm so glad we are finally brother and sister Kassidy," I smiled. Her mother smiled at us kindly, though my dad kept a serious face knowing I was faking, and Kassidy played along by giving me a smile knowing too that I was only faking for the sake of her mother mostly.

"Oh Robert, what's wrong? Aren't you happy our kids are happy to be siblings? You know, to be in each other's lives so they won't be lonely anymore, and to have someone to comfort them when needed, at least that's what you offered me and look where we are now," Stephanie stated. My dad nodded giving her a convincing smile.

After one awkward minute of silence, our parents walked away, I could hear friends finally getting to congratulate them. I felt a tear drop on my hand that was around Kassidy's waist. I picked her up bridal style and carried her out the church, and to my car. I placed her down and unlocked the doors, and opened the side door for her, and then I went on my side.

"What's wrong Kass?" I asked wiping her tears away.

"This, this is wrong, my mom loves your dad, and I'm certain he feels the same way, but it was okay when they were dating, now we have to be a family, and I know you and I aren't ready for it, I know my mom isn't either, she's been stressing at home, not knowing how to take care of you, she doesn't have a son, she has me, this is hard for her, and I'm only going to make things harder for your dad as you're going to, to my mom, and uhh, I just feel we aren't ready for this, this new responsibility, this new life, new act, new rules, and so on," She leaned her head against my shoulder, crying harder. "And, I know you won't ever accept me as your sister or treat me like one, I know you wish it was just you and your dad and everything is just horrible," She continued.

"I know Kass, I'm sorry, it's just how I've been feeling, maybe once we finally are living together, and we get used to each other, maybe then it won't seem so bad, and I'll have a change of mind, but don't cry, cause then I feel bad," I added.

"You should feel bad, you ass," She climbed on top of me and started hitting me repeatedly. It was slap after slap, my face was starting to feel numb. I grabbed her wrists tightly, "Relax baby girl, just relax." I breathed.

"Don't you dare tell me to relax, you son of a bitch," She hissed.

"Listen young lady, you're fucking fifteen years old, you better watch that little mouth of yours, I'm an adult, and I'm not going to let my new baby sister talk to me how ever she wants," I clarified in a pissed off tone, which I was. I mean who does she think she is to cuss at me?