CH05 HER THOUGHTS

Start from the beginning

Arya as she walked up to the stage. “Thanks for trying. I know him too well. He is awesome and difficult to work with at the same time.”

“I tried, and he made it sound like he was making everyone repeat because of me.” Akshara shook her head when she got closer to Vansh.

“He told you?” Vansh looked surprised.

“Yes. Why are you so surprised?”

Vansh ran his fingers through his hair. “He asked me to tell you that, and I thought it would be rude, so I didn’t tell you.”

“Vansh, I wish I had heard it from you rather than him, not after making everyone struggle like this.”

Arya laughed. “That’s Abhi for you. The adamant rock star.”

She took a deep breath and focused on the sequence of the hour-and a- half-long event scheduled for the next day.

Like every single time that day, she was able to shake away the annoyance with the first beat of the drum, marking the start of the show.

The music was great, and the rehearsal was perfect every single time, and yet something wasn’t right in Abhimanyu’s mind.

Knowing it was her, she made it a point to look around and make eye contact with the other musicians. Even for the next few rehearsals, she made eye contact with Abhimanyu, almost to prove to herself that she was not intimidated by him.

Her eyes followed his every moment, and every time, he had his act down to a T. The man was extremely fit, and physical exertion didn’t seem to be an issue. She made a note not to put the group under duress again and focus on what she needed to do.

“That’s a wrap!” Abhimanyu announced, and Akshara almost jumped with joy when they ended the practice session in the evening. A strange excitement started inside her, the one that was ignited by the way Abhimanyu looked at her. She held his gaze for a long moment as he looked at her with an expression she could not decipher.

Did she surprise him by doing what he thought she was incapable of?

The thought only made her smile widen.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Abhimanyu’s voice. “Listen up, folks.

You have three hours to relax, and I want the entire group back for early dinner. The event coordinator wants to review the travel plans for tomorrow.

The group dispersed in a hurry, and Arya was quick to pull Akshara along with her for a massage. Akshara laughed at the way Arya pulled her away from the conference room.

“Arya, why are you in a hurry?”

“I want to get to the spa before the boys show up.”

Akshara followed Arya to the other side of the hotel. “I am okay, I don’t need a massage.”