Ch 02: Young Man at the Beauty Pavilion

"Doubt is the privilege of those who have a way out." - Rong Jiu

Day four.

It was sudden... I thought. I wasn't planning on doing anything since this isekai thing happened but then I remembered when I heard the name 'Chu Wanning' somewhere in this town and that's why I recalled the contents of that novel. 'The Dumb Husky and His White Cat Shizun' was marvelous and kind of shit I'd say in my own humble opinion, why? First of all, it's rape when Taxian-jun did Chu-Fei on their first night though we all know that Wanning my bro loves him so much that he could definitely without hesitation give his whole freaking world to him, but guess what?

The whole misunderstanding was the cause of the damn flower- what was the name of it again? Can't remember but I've read countless danmei because somebody in my friend group recommended it. Take note he's a fudanshi- whatever that likes reading boy-on-boy love, I also don't know why I read it at that time though...maybe I'm just curious about it because it was gaining fame and having a live adaptation? Who knows.

Second, it has all the negative tags you'll ever find in this world maybe except for the vanilla sex thing or something along with that. Furthermore, reading this novel, makes you dramatic as shit, and feels like you rode on a rollercoaster of bullcrap feelings.

Oh. I got to know myself in this world I transmigrated in, My name is Li Shuitao or you can call me Tao as people have been calling me here, 14 years old and still struggling with life as he was abandoned by his whole damn family, Doing odd jobs every day to earn enough money to buy food and renting a house.

I'm in the middle of thinking when an old man stood in front of me as he pulled my right hand towards him, scanning my palm, and said. "hmmm, unfortunate fellow....good riddance of negative energy ehhhh...powerful gift... Oh heavens! A savior!" I yanked my arm in fright.

"Wha-what did you say?" I said confused.

"You're a savior, good child!" He said as he pats my shoulders and walked away.

"What the hell?"

What was that for? I'm seriously out of my mind or maybe this world is making my mind insane and I'm not having it.

I was heading towards the beauty pavilion where you can spend a night with your chosen woman and have tea time with them to ask where you can find Sisheng Peak when suddenly a woman screamed in terror.

This fantastic cliché scream thing in danmeis again...One thing's for sure, something big happened and it isn't something simple.

I am immersed in my damn intrusive thoughts when I saw someone pass by me and from his back, I notice a guy wearing white robes with traces of gold, he seems to be asking a girl, maybe he was questioning a random person and he thinks he could get information like that. In short, I shook my head in disbelief as I headed toward his direction and tapped on his shoulder. Maybe if I help this guy he would owe me and I could ask the direction to Sisheng Peak... Alright, killing two birds with one stone!

"Young Master, if you may excuse me, it seems you are asking indirect questions that may confuse the person you're asking."

"What?" he seemed surprised by what I said. Why tho?

He was about to say something when I turned towards the girl he is asking, "Did you happen to catch a glimpse of what happened because we heard a scream from here?"

She shrugged. "No, Young Masters." Hmm, something is up.

~

Good thing I dropped it because the moment I did, after me and the white-gold-robed guy 'left' as I predicted, the innocent girl we interrogated earlier smirked and closed the gates. Thankfully, we managed to get inside the beauty pavilion and hid in a room. Luckily, we can hear women talking to the girl in the next room from here.

"What happened Meimei?" a woman asked.

"Two men questioned me earlier, a guy who looks like a noble and another one who looks like from the poor village"

"Hmm, did you make sure no one noticed or suspected you?" the woman sternly said.

"Yes. Xu-jiejie" A maiden answered.

"Good. Ahahaha! no one would think we are shadow spirits possessing these pure innocent maidens!" she added as she hysterically laughed.

What?! Shadow spirits? Did they exist in the original novel? I don't remember reading something like that there.

In the middle of thinking the guy I was with told me something, "Pardon me for not asking this earlier but what's your name, and why are you suddenly helping me? I feel like you're planning something hideous and that's why you're doing this" he narrowed his eyes at me.

What hideous bullcrap mister? God, if only I can pinch his ear and yell at him that we need to focus on this matter at hand before suspecting me- I mean he wasn't wrong about me having an intent but what I only need is the direction to go to Sisheng Peak! If I weren't was just trying to live since this world is about to get messed up by Hua Binan the bastard.

"My name is Li Shuitao, I'm just a poor villager from the ShuYi town 5 miles from here, and as for your question about an intention I'll answer that when this thing is finished" I lend out a hand to give him a handshake.

Yeah right, as if these things can be finished within an hour. Besides, I need to examine this ability I gained that wasn't familiar in what I've read in Erha. Though, I've heard of this in my world, I think it is Clairvoyance or something related of the sort.

"Shen Chaochang." He hesitantly took my hand to shake.

I took a step back and my foot bumped into something so I turned around and bent down and grabbed the thing. It is revealed to be an arm of a decayed body with no eyes as if someone took it out and it looks horrifying if you're scared of horror movies that is.

"The corpse is decaying... But I doubt it's been too long." I said examining the dead body as Chaochang went to look for other ones as well. But only this is the only one we could find at the moment.

We heard someone opening the door to this room and we immediately hid behind the barrels. It was honestly uncomfortable for me as he was behind me covering my mouth as if I would create a noise in this despicable and dangerous situation we're in.

The person who opened the door suddenly transformed into a shadow monster that has no eyes only its bloody mouth gaping wide as if its smelling organ. Its breath hitching like it was trying to find something using its sense of smell. Fortunately, after a while, the scary creature left in a hurry.

"It's cramped in here, can you get off now please?" I said irritatingly trying to push him off behind only to fail miserably.

"Why would I get off if you're clinging onto me?"

"You-" I snapped, but then he showed me how my hand was gripping onto him like a scared quack I am. Damn fuck maybe I unconsciously did who knows I'm holding onto dear life since this is my second and I don't want to put it to waste.

"You shouldn't do that honestly to a stranger you've just met minutes ago," he said annoyingly.

"Yeah cut the bullcrap, Mr.Know-it-all" I said it in English so he wouldn't know what I just said and he just stared at me confused for a minute before he went out to observe and told me that we need to get out of the pavilion.

As soon as we got out, I remembered I should try to ask the directions to get to Sisheng Peak. He was already quite far away from me so I ran and grabbed the hem of his robes and he didn't even budge as he was strong enough to withstand my 'super hard' pull. I stumbled backward but he turned around and caught me in his arms. We stayed like that for minutes until he unexpectedly retracted his arms back and dropped me on the ground as I groaned in pain.

"I- I'll maybe...go back...to inform my fellow people to eradicate them, Goodbye." He said as he fled away hurriedly.

"What the fuck is wrong with him?" I said as I stood up with my lower back aching.

I'll ask about it next time I guess. Also, what are those flowers when that cliche thing in romance happened? Ugh, jeez I don't want to have my own romance here. Give me a break.

~