Honesty Beyond All Measures

*Amanda*

I had finally gotten up the courage to leave my room. When I did, Mike, Alex, and Terrance were all eating breakfast. I was a bit nervous as I sat down to eat. No one spoke to me which made the whole situation a little easier. One step at a time. I finished eating and took care of my plate. I could sense the worry and tension in the air. I just wasn't ready to spill my guts just yet. I looked at Alex, and I felt bad for not telling her anything. She smiled sympathetically and just left me alone. I walked back into my bedroom and sat down on the bed. I curled up into a ball and began to rock slowly back and forth. I wanted everything to be alright and return to normal.

A knock on my bedroom door, which jolted me out of my private hell. I didn't get up to answer it, so they walked in anyway. It was only Mike. "Hey, how are you?" He waited for a response that he didn't recieve. "I know that you've been through a lot. It's not going to be easy and you don't have to do it alone. We are all here to help. If you wish to unload your burden, we are happy to listen. I just wanted you to know that."

I looked up at him afraid to speak. It just wasn't time yet. My heart yearned to tell him everything. All that I had experienced would be useful. I was completely frightened that if I told him, then something bad would happen. I just wanted everything to be normal and for no one to get hurt.

*Alex*

I laid there ,cuddled up against Mike's chest. I was worried about a lot of things. The first thing was that Amanda would never tell us what happened. The next thing was our unborn child. I wanted our child to be healthy and safe. With Drah constantly after my family and friends, there was no safety. I exhaled softly and tried to relax. Worrying would only make things worse. But, it really didn't matter. My mind wouldn't relax no matter how comforting Mike's embrace was. Hours passed by before I finally drifted off to sleep. I was startled awake by a sudden crash in the kitchen. I sat up quickly, my heart racing in my chest.

I gently shook Mike awake, scared for our lives. "What's the matter, sweetie?" I cuddled up against his chest. "I heard a crash in the kitchen. I'm scared." He stood up and grabbed a knife out of the drawer. "Stay here, and lock the door. Don't come out. I'll come knock when it's safe." I nodded and curled up, shaking with fear. I hoped that Mike would find the intruder and take care of them.

A half hour passed before Mike knocked and then walked into our bedroom. He had several cuts and scrapes all over his face and arms. "Are you alright, baby?" I nodded and hugged him tightly. "Who was it?" Mike sat down at the end of our bed. "It was just some random person. They broke in and took our silverware. That was all that they stole."

I grabbed the first aid kit and cleaned his wounds. He tries so hard to protect me and our unborn child. I wanted nothing but the best for our new family. After I bandaged him up, he headed to the kitchen. I followed and saw all the glass on the floor. Mike began to clean it up while I made us some food. Once I finished, I set out two plates for both of us. I sat down and began to eat. Mike sat down across from me and scarfed down the food. 

Once we were finished, I cleaned our plates and headed back to our bedroom. Mike didn't follow me and it worried me. Whatever he was doing, must be important. I sighed softly and curled up on our bed. It wasn't long before I fell back asleep. Hours passed by before I woke up. When I opened my eyes, I was still alone. MIke never came back to bed. I sighed and grabbed clothes for a nice hot shower. I turned on the water, allowing it to warm up. Once it was warm I stripped naked and stepped in. The water felt amazing against my skin. I exhaled and relaxed. 

I turned off the water and dried off slowly. I quickly dressed and stepped out of the bathroom. When I opened the door, MIke was waiting for me. I was a little pissed off that he had disappeared on me. He should have told me where he was going. I ignored his presence and put away my dirty clothes. He sighed softly and crossed his arms. "I understand you are upset with me. But, we need to talk about something." I closed my sock drawer after pulling out a pair. "What is there to talk about? You obviously don't care about what I think or you would tell me where you go before you do it."