*.~ Chapter Twenty-Two: Meanings ~.*

Start from the beginning

Sitting back up, you let your feet dangle from the bed. You climbed down the ladder and walked towards the worn-out dresser with an unlit candle. After grabbing the lighter next to it, you lit the candle, careful not to burn yourself.

Grabbing the candle tray, you slipped your slippers on and left your room, entering the dark hallways of where soldiers took their rests at.

You decided to take a walk outside to clear your mind.

Right as you opened the door to the outside, you see two figures taking a walk around the building. What a coincidence that it was actually Armin and your brother.

Eren saw you and waved you over silently to not wake anyone up. Making your way over, you made sure not to drop the candle.

"Sis, what are you doing out here at this time?" Eren asked you with a worried expression, "You should get some proper sleep. We're visiting Historia's orphanage soon."

You sighed, looking at him with narrow eyes. "I wonder the same thing about you. What are you doing out here?"

Armin chuckled, breaking the tension. "Alright you two. [Name], would you like to walk with us? I'm not really feeling tired."

After thinking for merely a second, you nodded. "Sure. I need to get my mind off of something, anyway."

An idea popped into Eren's head, considering that in a way, he did want you and Armin to get more 'closer' to eachother. He wants his dear sister to be with someone he trusts, which is none other than Armin.

"Actually I'm starting to get tired," Eren fake yawned, "Hey Armin, thanks for the walk."

You both watched Eren walk away after bidding a goodbye to him, leaving the two of you together to walk.

"Would you like to share what's on your mind, [Name]?" Armin asked you. "You must be thinking about it a lot."

Nodding, you looked down at the candle that burned rapidly. "Yeah. I had a dream that felt a bit too real for my comfort. It was... Unsettling."

Armin nodded, taking in every word you said about the nightmare. He's read plenty of things about dreams, and if they interpret something.

"I couldn't go back to sleep after," you explained. "Even when closing my eyes for a second, I get flashing images of... Yeah."

He thought to himself before he spoke. "I've read a few books about dreams out of bordom. It may resemble something at the back of your mind; something you don't think about. But of course, dreams can mean many things or can simply not mean anything at all."

Armin gave you a positive look. "Don't worry about it, [Name]. Dreams can be such a hassle sometimes," he said. "Are you getting tired?"

Shaking your head, you noticed the pool of melted wax on the candle tray with only a little block of wax left, still burning. "How about you?"

He gave you a shake of his head. "If you want, we can go to the library? I can get my book on the outside world and we can re-read everything we can?"

Your eyes widened in both surprise and excitement. "You don't mind? I'd love to have some sort of motivation to continue in the Scouts."