chapter-8

Birla hospital celebration hall:-

             "Welcome everyone..as all of you know why we all have come here...
          to announce new MD of birla hospital..you all know who that ..most deserving n experienced person can be.."everyone cheered as they all have little bit of clue who that person can be.

           "Since we are in hospital and our time is very valuable..so without wasting anytime...I would call upon Dr Abhimanyu birla on stage.."

           Abhimanyu happily went on stage n took Mike from Dr Anand..Akshu happily clapped for him...Abhi smiled at her.
              Seeing all this Mahima's face fell down..she for a second thought her husband will announce her name..but how can she even think like that..no matter how much she acheieved ..it will be always less just because she is a woman..
        She sighed in disappointment..n wanted to leave from there..
          But next words made her froze..

           "Ok everyone I won't take much time..so next MD of birla hospital is Dr mahima Birla."Abhimanyu announced with so much happiness.

         Mahima was shocked would be understatement..she was not believing her ears..
          Everyone else were also shocked because they thought it was Abhimanyu.

           Abhimanyu went to her n brought her to podium..them he began his speech.
        "First of all very very congratulations Dr Mahima Birla..you truly deserve this position Ma'am. Your hardwork, dedication n achievement in all these years are commendable and played a very crucial part in the success of this hospital.you are going to be first female MD of this hospital...I am so so proud"
       "Everyone 3 cheers for d lady of d moment."
    And everyone happily cheered n clapped.
           Then he gave her badge of MD n told her to say few words..
            Mahima held d Mike still not believing on turn of events.

          "First of all thanku everyone for this wonderful surprise.. honestly speaking..I had not expected it..working in male dominated field..we struggle everyday to get recognition..and it never comes easily.
    But finally..I m here...so thank you once again "
          Everyone clapped again.

   Mahima came from podium and her whole family hugged her in one go..
          "Guys you all are suffocating me...I will die with all this love" she said in her usual annoying tone.
   Everyone looked at each other and then laughed.Mahima again gave them an annoying look.

     Abhimanyu came forward to handle the situation..
   " Ok guys.. save some love for evening...there is a small party in the evening to celebrate taiji's achievement."

     Now it was Abhi's turn to get circled by family members....Neil literally climbed on his back..n nishtha,akshu, shefali were hugging him from front like teddybear...

      Mahima looked at him with shocked expression.she is not an emotional person..so was having difficulty to digest all this in one go..

   Abhimanyu understood her dilemma..so he assured her with his eyes...

     Arohi became so happy to know that mahima has become MD she went to her to do little buttering like always.

      " Ma'am..I m so happy you finally got what you deserve..I am always with you..if need anything from me.. please tell me"Arohi said in her best buttering tone.

   "Yes Dr Arohi ..I need one favour from you..give your resignation letter on my table by evening yourself or I will give you one tomorrow morning..with my special comments.." Mahima said in her as usual no nonsense tone.

   Arohi's face lost all colours..she didn't knew how to react..

       "What happened Dr Arohi?? You really think that I will keep you in my hospital after knowing what kind of person you are..who can go against her own family members for her selfish reasons..will help me?? Do I look like a fool to you??"  Dr Mahima replied to her and smirked.

(Off topic- I really wanted this scene in d show..I didn't digest that a strong character like mahima can be easily manipulated by someone like arohi.n she is the perfect person to show Arohi her right place..so I added this here)