13. American Beauty/American Psycho

(Patrick's P.O.V)

Pete and I walked side by side through the school. The events from last night played through my head and I couldn't believe that Jake had threatened me. He had threatened me! At first I had been pissed off at Pete for even considering leaving me for that reason but I calmed after I realized that he was doing it to protect me. Now I was completely pissed off at Jake. Pete feared for my safety and I feared for his because Jake had already attacked him for not doing what he had wanted.

Pete and I found the group standing at our lockers with a look of concern on each other faces. Pete had texted them and told them everything then told them to meet us at our lockers. Hayley flung her arms around me and pulled me into a hug. Zack slammed a hand against my back then Pete's.

"What the fuck happened yesterday?" Jack demanded.

Pete launched into a recount of the whole thing while Jenna, Taylor, Hayley, Vic and Kellin surrounded me in a show of support.

"What should we do about this?" Kellin asked.

"Should we go to the cops?" Vic asked. "After all this isn't the first time Jake has targeted one of us."

Jack and Alex exchanged a look.

"Vic's right," Alex said.

"We can't have him hurting anyone else," Taylor growled.

"Then someone come up with something we should do," Cassadee snapped.

The group erupted into an argument. Pete whistled which caused everyone to stop arguing and to glance in his direction.

"Arguing isn't going to get us anywhere," Pete said. "We've got to do something that doesn't involve us getting into trouble or involve the authorites because that's only going to piss Jake off more."

"Fuck getting into trouble," I snapped.

Everyone glanced in my direction. They stared at me with wide eyes and it took me a moment to realize why they were staring at me like that. Jack, Alex and Jenna were fighting smiles and no doubt some laughter as well. Pete, Joe and Andy looked as if someone had tasered them. While the others - Kellin, Vic, Hayley, Taylor, Zack, Rian and Cassadee - stared at me in bewliderment and wonder.

"Well," I said impatiently. "Jake deserves to be punsished and this is my fucking life we're talking about."

"Did Patrick just say fuck twice?" Joe asked in shock.

"Oh yes what a fucking supirse it is," I snapped. "Patrick swears."

Alex could no longer contain his laughter and he let it burst free from his lips. "I'm sorry Patrick but I've never heard you swear before. None of us have."

"Well the next thing is going to shock you more," I promised. "I propose we give Jake a piece of his own medicine and beat the shit out of him."

More stares of bewilderment.

"Why do you think we should do that?" Pete asked, trying to smother the surprise in his tone.

"Jake put Vic in the hospital for crying out loud! Who's going to be next? Me? You? Andy? Joe? Jenna? Kellin? Zack? Rian? Alex? Jack? Cassadee? Taylor? Hayley? Vic again? Or the other people we know? I can't sit back and wait for someone I care about to get hurt and I bet Vic would feel the same," I said then I looked at Vic. "How would you feel if Jake hurt your brother Mike? Or Tony or Jamie?"

"If Jake so much as laid a hand on my brother or fellow band mates then I would definietly beat the shit out of him," Vic replied then sighed. "I see Patrick's point."