Chapter 10

Chapter 10

After my pretty refreshing shower, I dried my body with the towel Vic had gave me and changed into some of his clothes. It was a normal white v-neck shirt and dark blue jeans. He asked if I needed shoes but I already had my black TOMS so it was okay. I ruffled my wet hair with the towel before applying some lotion on my body. Lastly, I brushed my teeth with the toothbrush Vic had gave me.

Once I was done, I walked out of the bathroom and made my way outside to my car. I got the extra makeup bag out and applied some concealer on my neck to hide the red marks. From there I walked back inside the house and made my way into the living room. The TV was showing some reality show. I didn't like it but either way I watched it.

Twenty minutes might of passed when Vic finally came down. It was so strange to see him without all that fancy apparel but I won't complain. Vic was still that smoking guy from when I first met him. He wore faded blue jeans, a grey t-shirt, and a SnapBack.

"Ready?" He asked, dangling his car keys.

"Yeah," I said and followed him out to the garage. A black Porsche came into the view once he turned on the lights. Beside it was a red Mercedes-Benz and a motorcycle. So many dang cars.

He unlocked the Black Porsche and opened the passenger door for me. What a gentleman.

"Thanks," I said.

Vic kindly smiled at me before closing the door and walking towards his side. He got inside and started his car up. I then gave him the address of the retirement home so he could type it in the GPS and off we went.

This situation was so odd. Everything felt normal but it wasn't. Like what do I even refer Vic as? He's not a complete stranger but he's not really a friend, right? Although, what guy offers to help after you both fuck? Vic apparently.

Mainstream radio music played softly between us. Neither of us talked but we didn't have to. It a was a comfortable silence which is what mattered. I looked out the window and took view of the growing greenery around. Flowers would soon start to blossom. In just a while it would be spring and then summer would come.

I turned my gaze to Vic. He looked so concentrated on the road but relaxed at the same time. One hand was on the steering wheel and the other rested on his thigh, tapping his fingers ever so often. He'd bite his lip every once in awhile when he'd listen to the commands of the GPS operator. I'm a careless person that never fails to miss a turn or something, but that wasn't Vic at all. Vic was so smooth and seemed completely flawless.

My stare must of been sensed because he turned his face to me. With embarrassment, I timidly smiled and turned my gaze away from him. My eyes soon landed outside once again.

Ten minutes later we arrived at the retirement home. We both walked inside the small building and talked to one of the ladies at the front. I told her I was one of the students participating in the help for the cookout.

"Kellin Quinn, right?" She asked flipping through some of the papers in her hands.

"Yes, ma'am."

"And who may you be, sir?" She asked Vic.

"Victor Fuentes. I'm Kellin's friend and want to help out." He said calmly.

So we're friends?

"Alright," she said and wrote something down.

The lady gave us directions to the patio where the cookout would be held. We thanked her before making our way down there.

Once we stepped into the patio we were greeted by some of the staff. They were quick to give us a list of things to do though.

"You can set up the chairs and I'll set up the tables," Vic said.