Chapter 1

Kellin's POV

I could hear the familiar chant of the crowd as we were announced. It was a sound that one could ever get used to. Your heart beat races and you feel those butterflies surround your stomach. You're nervous as hell, but at the same time you can't help but feel euphoric. It all feels surreal. Happiness is accomplished by doing what you're destined to do. This was my happiness.

I looked around my surroundings, breathing in deeply and slowly. The dancers next to me smiled brightly, probably having similar thoughts as me. Adrenaline coursed through our bodies as we waited for everything to start. There were costume fixes here and there or makeup touch ups but overall, everything was perfect to the plan.

"5. . .4. . .3. . .2. . .1"

The countdown was whispered and before we knew it, the dark black curtain was opened and revealed the stage and rowdy crowd. The lights were dimmed but I loved the dark. Darkness just gave a sensual and intimate feel to the atmosphere.

Like always, I waited until all the side dancers walked out. There was an opening in the center of the stage with a spotlight, which was reserved for the main dancers of the night. I walked out to the stage along with the other dancers on my side. Once we had a reached our spots, the music was cued and that's when all the practice and preparation was worth it.

We moved to the beat of the music, making sure to add a seductive feel to our moves. I guess you can say we are teases. Just at the sight of us moving up and down the pole, I knew the men were excited. Our arms, hands, and legs moved in emotions that words could never describe. It was pure art.

I'd make eye contact with some of the young and older men in the crowd. They were just a whole bunch of rich men that had nothing else to do but spend their money at a gay club and get wasted. Some were very attractive while others lacked the appearance, but nonetheless we aimed to please their souls.

The best sensation was the ending. Just knowing you made it and to hear the cheer of the crowd was unbeatable. The men would toss us roses which really did flatter us. I would smile brightly at the end and close my eyes for a second. This was my reality and I couldn't ask for more.

Once our performance was over, we waved off the stage and walked to the backstage as the curtain closed again.

"Amazing, my loves!" Our producer, Randy, said applauding. He kissed my cheek and did the same with the others.

"You did amazing Kellin," my dancing partner and best friend of four years said.

"Thanks Justin, but you also put quite a show out there," I said.

"Yeah right, I almost tripped," he said but I just chuckled.

"Almost, as in it didn't happen."

After a bit of talking and discussing the performance, we were let go to change out. I made my way past some of the dressing rooms until I got to mine. Perk of being one of the main dancers was that you had your own dressing room so I didn't have to share with the other side dancers. It did make me feel spoiled but I'm not complaining. I'll take what I get.

First thing I did was sit down in front of my lit up mirror. My makeup supplies and other things were sprawled on the counter. I looked at my reflection and then took off piece by piece my fake persona. He was my alter ego.

I started by taking off the beautiful, dazzled, black mask that only revealed my lips and my eyes. The mask gave me a sense of confidence when I performed. I relied on it more than anything. Next was the makeup. I grabbed some makeup remover and cleansed my skin. In all honesty I wasn't the biggest fan of makeup but it was a requirement. The small blemishes on my face needed to be covered.