Promise

A/n

This is a another sad one, I seem to only write sad imagines but they will get happier as I continue to write. The song linked is 'She Used To Be Mine' but a male version. The story may be longer than the song.

Foreshadowing: Sad, mentions drive by (undetailed) and near death

______________________________________

Eli's POV

"I promise, I'm still listening. I'm just resting my eyes." She giggled

God I love that laugh. Her smile... Her.

I laughed. She was the only one who could do that. She was the only person that I felt completely safe around.

I'll miss that.....

Today, is her birthday. But for some reason, she's with me rather than her family and friends or Her boyfriend.

Yep, this is one of those stories where the boy can't get the girl he wants because he was too late. Instead, this one has a plot twist...a dark one.

Whenever we hung out, we usually came to this park. I'll miss these swings....

School's great, my family is very supportive and the people at school are even better.... they even taught me sarcasm.

"Eli. You okay?" we sat in silence as she waited for my answer. "Why? Why are you here with me?" Silence

The sound of bushes rustling behind us broke the loud silence. I looked behind us.

"mmmmm, maybe we should go home!" She almost shouted after choking on water, but I ignored her. "Did you hear that?...I'm gonna go check it out." I said standing up "NO!" she yelled causing me to flick my head at her now standing figure.

"But, we can't go home yet. I'm moving soon remember... tomorrow to be exact. This is my last day here..." Her look of distress changed my mind in a split second. "Fine. I won't check it out, but we stay here?" As I finished talking the bush rustled again. I began walking towards it but she grabbed my arm. What's back there that she doesn't want me too see.

"You know what? I'm going." I said, snatching my arm back. "WAIT!" I ignored her call. As I got closer to the bush, it began to rustle more until...

Sean came into view. Eliza's boyfriend.....with a ca-camera.

"You recorded our conversation!" I lightly shouted. I wasn't known for raising my voice, or talking, so the action shocked Eliza and Sean. "Eli, I-" Eliza sighed. silence...

"How long?" I questioned. Both looked up at me with a confused expression. "How long have you been recording our conversations?" I shouted louder than before.

"The day I first invited you here." she whispered, tears forming in her eyes.

She's crying.... I thought I could trust her with my secrets, with MY problems... and she's crying.

I turned to walk away, 3 years. 3 YEARS. I knew those rumors were coming from somewhere, I only hoped it wasn't her. No wonder she got so.....shy every time I brought it up.

"ELI, WAIT!" she shouted. I stopped but didn't turn around to face them. "When trust is broken. Sorry, means nothing." I continued my walk back to the picnic items to collect my stuff.... but I didn't get there in time......

They always said this park was dangerous. That someone always seemed to die here. We never listened, we were never afraid of death. I wasn't afraid of death.

One second, I walking away and the next... Eliza and Sean were running towards me, panicking, shouting as loud as they could for help. "ELI! ELI, ARE YOU OKAY?" I gathered the strength to reply, "Never been better."

"Sean! cal-  I am!" Sean shouted cutting Eliza off.

silence. my hearing and vision were going in and out.

"Hellen's Road park. There's been a drive b-"

Drive by. That's one of my biggest fears, losing someone to a drive by. Yet, here I am losing myself.

My eyes became heavier and heavier by the second.

"Eli, Eli, please keep your eyes open. Eli. Can you hear me?" Eliza whispered, holding me.

"I promise I'm listening. Just resting my eyes." I muttered repeating her words from earlier....

_______________________________________

A/n

....sorry I keep writing sad stuff. I write it then when I go to type I realize how sad it really is.

I hope one can relate to this... but there's always that percent of people that have and I wish you the best. Just know they would want you to be happy.

Have a great day, night, evening, or morning <3

Word Count : 721!