⁰ ⁵|𝐔𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

The bell dings above me as I step into the warm embrace of the café. A small smile brushes my lips at the sight of the familiar scenery and I make my way to a booth in a corner where I can go unnoticed. I twist my wet braids which are a result of the rain into a bun before taking off my jacket leaving me in just my sweater. I order a cup of coffee, my fourth one today because I found it hard to sleep last night.

It's October 1st meaning it's officially that time of the year again. The period I find it hard to sleep, become distant from everyone, and be incredibly stressed. This is when I'm to take extra care in taking my pills and make sure not to miss a dosage. My lips press into a thin line at the thought.

A cup of steaming hot coffee is placed on the table and I immediately reach out my slightly shaking hands to feel the warmth of the cup as a smile makes its way onto my face. Looking up to thank the server but I'm confused to find Damien staring at me with a bright smile. He isn't in uniform, his clothing completely casual consisting of a white shirt and faded black jeans with a simple silver chain hanging around his neck. I raise an eyebrow in question as I moved to hand him the money. He waves my hand away, moving to sit opposite me.

"It's on the house." He explains and I blink at him.

"Ok..." I trail off, watching him. He still has that big smile on his lips, his bright hazel eyes boring into me, digging under my skin and settling there. His white-blond hair is styled neatly today unlike the last two times I saw him and I wouldn't lie by saying I don't find him attractive. "Thank you," I say finally the words leaving an itch in my throat. Accepting gifts from people is difficult let alone from strangers and I hesitate to bring the cup to my lips.

A few seconds pass and my confusion grows as Damien continues to sit there watching me with that increasingly irritating smile still on his face.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask, careful to keep my growing irritation out of my voice, trying my best not to seem rude.

"Nothing really, just thought you could use some company." He replies with an innocent shrug of his shoulders, a small smile playing on his lips and the urge to scream at him is becoming overwhelming. I'm getting angry now, my hands shake and I shove them under my thighs to stop myself from reaching across the table.

My jaw hurts from how hard I clench my teeth together, so hard that I fear my teeth would shatter. The anger that I have kept down for the past few months comes alive inside me and I can feel it making its way out, clawing at my throat to make its entrance. There's a reason I've been avoiding everyone today, to save them from my misplaced anger and to stop myself from doing something I'll regret. I just have to get through today, that was the plan. The past week has been hell and I am so tired. I only need to sleep. That's all I need. I am going to sleep tonight even if I have to force a hundred of those pills down my throat.

I close my eyes and swallow down the anger.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

I open my eyes to find Damien staring at me, the seemingly permanent smile was still in place and I can see the curiosity in his eyes as he looks at me. He's studying my movements and trying his best to understand what is going through my head.

"Well, you thought wrong Damien. I'd appreciate it if you'd leave me alone." I manage a small smile as I reach for the cup again. Damien's smile widens as he crosses his arms and leans back in his seat.

"Where are your friends?" The question takes me by surprise and I hesitate to answer.

"None of your business," I reply a humorless smile on my lips.