⁰ ¹|𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰...

'Who would've thought, our perfectly disciplined head girl can't seem to keep her legs closed when it comes to Romeo Allegretti. What a shame honestly, I imagine that was the reason our handsome head boy broke innocent Camille's heart last semester...'

I hadn't bothered to read further than that when it had been posted six hours earlier. At the moment, I can feel everyone's eyes on me. Every single one of them. From the moment I walked through those doors, gave my speech, and sat down for dinner. The seniors of Crestview Academy didn't bother to hide their desire to get a reaction from their Head girl. Some whisper to their friends, others watch me obsessively, too engrossed to look away or else they'll miss the show. A few of them are overjoyed, glad to know that their head girl isn't as perfect as she seems. The mocking smiles on their faces causes an itch at the back of my neck and I desperately want to throw something. For the nth time today, I curse the fact that our secret was exposed on the same day the Crestview Senior Dinner was held. An event held on the first Sunday of every school year, where the new senior students of our prestigious boarding school mingle and socialize. As Head girl, this means I am forced to be in a room of Forty students desperate for gossip, believing they had a right to judge me. Too bad I wasn't going to give them anything to gossip about.

Innocent until proven guilty. My father always said.

Meaning no matter what anyone in this room thinks of me right now, it doesn't matter because they have no proof. Only the words of an anonymous blog whose credibility was starting to be questioned.

My eyes close for a moment as I take in a deep breath. My hands wrap into fists as they sit on my lap. I release the breath with a sigh, quietly letting out the air through my nose. I open my eyes once more, taking in the scene that consists of the final year students of Crestview Academy.

I am in control again.

So I sit up straight, a small relaxed smile painted on my lips, my perfectly fitted purple dress, and pristine makeup acts as a well-crafted shield. I continue to eat, calm and collected as if I wasn't the hottest gossip in school. Being the latest topic of 'Dear Crestview' will do that to you. The blog is dedicated to exposing every dirty secret about Crestview. Both students and faculty, no one is spared.

"Miss Cabrera." The hall goes silent the moment Mr. Lewis calls for my attention and I can't help but frown at the sound of his voice. I expect the school to take action, after all, I have broken a rule but I'm still surprised at how quickly they've come for me. The strictest teacher in school looks down on me with contempt and judgment in his eyes and I resist the urge to roll my eyes. I despise judgemental people and Mr. Lewis is on the top of the list. I laugh inwardly at the irony, the man is no saint.

"Yes?" I answer as I stand up. Mr. Lewis is a short man barely coming up to 5'4 and I'm 5'6, with the heels I have on 5'9 and I take delight in the fact that I tower over him. Maybe the word tower is a bit of an exaggeration but I have to look down to meet his eyes so I believe it fits. A muscle in his jaw ticks and I almost smile.

"May I see you for a moment? It'll be brief." He's smiling like he has just won the lottery, delighted in the fact that for the very first time I'm about to be chastised. Mr. Lewis is possibly the only teacher in this school that doesn't like me, probably because I reported him when he tried to flirt with me last year, costing him the promotion he so desperately wanted.

"Of course, Mr. Lewis," I say, my plum-coloured lips pulled into a fake smile before turning to my friends who sit around the table. "I'll be back guys."

"I'll go with you," Romeo says as he stands up. The hall begins buzzing again as my partner in crime willingly chooses to involve himself in whatever punishment awaits me.