⁰ ¹|𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰...

Start from the beginning

"That's not necessary Mr. Allegretti." Mr. Lewis says and I'm tempted to roll my eyes at his words. Why am I being targeted for a crime we both equally committed? I can take a wild guess. Romeo adjusts his suit jacket before looking down on Mr. Lewis with venom in his blue eyes.

"I insist Mr. Lewis. I'll go with you." Romeo says with an air of finality. I see the man's jaw tick once again and a smile briefly brushes my lips. Watching him slowly unravel has been the highlight of my day.

"Of course Mr. Allegretti, this matter does concern you too. Right this way." The teacher says with a forced smile. Romeo and I exchange a look before following him out of the hall. The seniors erupt in chaos the second their Head girl and the Head boy disappear . I can hear Abimbola immediately silence the noise and I sigh in gratitude to my assistant. We walk the empty corridors before stopping when the only sound that can be heard is that of our footsteps. I'm suddenly glad Romeo decided to come with me, I nearly shiver at the thought of being alone with Mr. Lewis in these dark corridors.

"Can you please make this quick Mr. Lewis, I have a performance in a few minutes and really wouldn't want to be delayed," Romeo says in a commanding tone and the older man's eyes blaze in fury. I can see his hands shake with anger and the thought of him reaching out and punching Romeo in the face briefly crosses my mind. Romeo, the poster boy for good manners usually isn't the disrespectful type, that was Nic's job but today he doesn't bother to hide his irritation from Mr. Lewis.

"If I'm wasting your time Mr. Allegretti, remember I didn't force you to come along. You did that willingly. If you want to leave, please do so." Mr. Lewis says and Romeo rolls his eyes. I swallow the giggle that threatens to bubble up in my throat. "It wasn't my intention to disrupt your dinner but I was told to get the message across as soon as possible. Due to recent circumstances, Headmaster Stefan has requested a meeting with both of you. You're expected at his office by 7 am tomorrow. Before then can the both of you try not to cause a ruckus in the school with your immoral activities." The man finishes, his face twisted in disgust as he practically spits out the last sentence.

From the corner of my eye, I can see Romeo tense and prepare to attack. I hold his arm in silent warning, choosing to be the voice of reason before he does something to get us in more trouble than we're already in. I face the man with a sickly sweet smile on my lips.

"What are you implying Mr. Lewis?" I ask in a way that makes him realize who exactly he was going against. He sputters suddenly at a loss for words.

"I mean-." He tries again but I cut him off.

"Surely, you don't pay attention to mindless gossip?" I ask with a raise of an eyebrow. Mr. Lewis pulls at his shirt collar which was suddenly too tight for him. He fumbles with his tie, loosening it a bit, revealing pink skin. I tsk. The unsettled man in front of me is well aware that a single report from me to the school board can cost him his job.

"I've always thought of you as a man of integrity, sadly it seems otherwise." I tilt my head to the side with a mocking frown on my lips. My mom always did say I had a gift for unsettling people. She claimed it was a natural born talent reserved for the oldest daughter in a Nigerian household.

"Of course I am." Mr. Lewis is on the brink of explosion, a throbbing vein on his forehead, and I take delight in pushing his buttons. Romeo can barely hold in his laughter at this point, his blue eyes sparkling even in the barely lit environment and I can tell it's irritating Mr. Lewis further. He takes in a deep breath probably to calm down. "Forgive me if I had implied anything to question your character. I have no business with the gossip that goes around the school. I am merely helping the headmaster pass on a message."

"Certainly, Mr. Lewis. I respect you a whole lot like most students of Crestview and it would have been a shame if that were the case."
"I can assure you it's not Miss Cabrera." Mr. Lewis says with a forced smile and I smile at the subtle way he still shakes with anger.