Chapter 3: The Decisive battle

It was a sight to hold everyone's eyes, all of them were getting along with each other. Stories to tell to one another, jokes to laugh about and other meaningless things before George came back from scavenging in the ruins. That is, if the group can survive from what was going to happen in the future. With two small hands, Logan placed the small tea cup on the coffee table before saying "Hey! Do you have any more stories to tell me?" with a big smile. "Lots more, wanna hear about them?" said Alex.

"Ooh! yes please!"

"Alright them! So there was this one time when..."

Logan and Alex's voices faded out when Erebilith started to think about what was going to happen, his face deep in concentration and thought, he was still not fully able to know his past and what actually happened, what he said to his fellow companions/friends was made up by him and so, would be considered a lie since he could tell that the past was a far more devastating, excruciating and darker experience he had witnessed. But, it was be almost impossible for Erebilith to decipher his past truly if either his mental capacity was any higher, or... if someone had seen it with their own eyes.

He took that thought away and watched the humans, young in their years, play around and interact with one another. Perhaps he could join in with them, but he would say that he was just too old for this 'stuff'. Instead, Erebilith would just chuckle to himself or smile at anything he thought was amusing, just like what a few of the elderly human species would do.

Meanwhile, George had collected a lot of items that lay on the ground, some items he had to get through with force. It was not a perfect and peaceful scavenge but a more difficult than expected one, he met a lot of the emaciates and along with them, the machiavellians. "Oh? brought some help, am I right?" questioned George.

"More like these emaciates brought us along, we were deciding on killing them but I guess they have barley any meat on them, let me guess, are you one of them? You are a skeleton no matter how I look at it from every angle." replied the machiavellian with such a complex answer that would the answer the reason to why they were so cunning as they were.

"I guess you can't really be insulting my looks can you, especially ones which think so highly of themselves but are just filth on the inside" George snapped, beginning to draw out his cane sword.

"Oh? I guess I'll just have to kill you."

"Not if you can try and catch me"

The dark creatures all clashed against George alone, he stood there motionless for a moment and they got closer and closer. In an instant, they all stopped, George ran through them all, outmatching the fastest of them by miles. Drawing his sword in, with a clank, the creatures all fell in sync with one another dropping like flies. "If you're gonna challenge me, bring an army of about a million. Then at least you would survive for a few more seconds." George said in a low tone whilst walking back to the house.

Erebilith was watching over George using clairvoyance whilst everyone were watching him in fascination. "Is George ok?" Logan said in a quiet voice, "...Yes, I'm sure he is...he will be fine, no need to worry" Erebilith replied after a few seconds of pause, patting Logan's head in comfort. The little boy returned to Amy, tugging at her clothes, asking for entertainment through his actions. She smiled and played with him after, Alex also joined in with them waiting patiently for George to arrive. Erebilith started to play the conversation between George and him before he left a while ago in his head.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"To the city, I don't need help if your asking"

"Well then, why are you going there?"