"i-i.. fuck, fine. i'll stay to eat."

heeseungs sharp eyes followed jakes every movement from when he sat down on the floor to put on his boots all the way to him sitting down at the kitchen island, tapping on the counter with an impatient tint on his face.

riki soon sat down next to jake.

"what is it hyung?"

heeseung got three plates from the nearby cupboard and distributed bacon and eggs evenly on each plate.

"the basic because i don't know how to cook well."

the younger male giggled at his statement and dug in his food the second the plate got slid towards him. the silver haired next to him didn't say anything, instead eating quick and slobbish to get out of heeseungs apartment quicker. heeseung, however, never took his eyes off the guy and noticed him eating him like a pig.

"hey, slow down. you'll choke."

the said male continued eating slobbery and eventually finished with his food with bacon stuffed in his mouth which made him look like a squirrel with nuts stuffed in its mouth.

he washed the plate like the polite gentleman he is and waved to the confused males that haven't even gotten a bite of their food, walking out of the door with his hoodie over his head. heeseung and riki both made eye contact, with the same idea and thought evident in their eyes.

"don't mind him i guess.. just continue eating. he missed a trip to the theatre tonight.."

———

no one's pov

"layla, oh god.. i'm so sorry i didn't come back home last night!"

the silver haired ran to the dog who was laying comfortably and unbothered on the couch with her head leaned against the armrest. actually, she was sleeping until jake decided to rudely interrupt her by slamming the front door open against the wall.

there's a hole in the wall from the door knob now. the dog looked at jake and blinked slowly, groaning and exposing its belly for jake to rub.

the worried boy eventually cooperated with layla and rubbed her tubby soothingly without any sort of roughness and even laid down with the animal, hugging her like a big body pillow.

"i love you."

he mumbled into her fur. the dog whimpered in jakes arms and snuggled closer into his body. it sometimes baffled jake on how he would absolutely sacrifice anything for this dog any day and any time.

he loved her more than himself.

well.

it is 'man's best friend'.

———

no one's pov

"so.. where do you want to go next?"

sunoo asked as he dunked down a bottle of water in a second. they had came back from walking around an entire block of commercial buildings without buying anything on their way.