eleven

no one's pov
april 3rd, 2019
flashback

"are you up for the deal or not?! we want you to bring that anorexic faggot and we'll pay for your mothers hospital bills in return."

jake was crying his eyes out as he was captured by buff men who wanted to take captive of his best friend next.

he couldn't do that. he couldn't.

jungwon and him have been through so much together, he couldn't ruin their friendship just like that. but the thing is, it's his mothers hospital bills. he couldn't afford them. it was logical to pick his mom but at the same time, his bestfriend was going to suffer just for jake to be happy.

'but i'm sure they won't do anything to him.. right?'

"i-i-i—"

"IS IT A YES OR A NO? SPEAK UP L'TWIG."

one of the buff men pushed jake harshly against the brick wall, causing a small crack to emit from his back.

"...y-yes.. i'll bring jungwon, just please.. don't hurt him."

the group of guys just laughed at jake before the leader shook his head.

"i don't think you understood what we meant. you're going to have to bring him, his money, all with that bitch injured.. i don't care how you do it, just bring him back in 5 hours. that's your deadline before your mom also hits the deadline."

the guy laughed with his friends while jake was shocked at what he needed to do.

"what‐ no, i can't do tha—"

"you want your mom to come back all healthy? or do you prefer her dying in the hospital all alone just for your worthless gay friend?"

"yeah, besides, i caught him talking shit about you when you were gone for a whole month."

jake looked at them with a disgusted expression, not believing any of the bullshit these guys were talking.

"no the fuck he wasn't, you guys have no proof."

one of the guys pulled out his phone with an audio file on the screen, and he clicked on the little icon to play the audio.

'ugh, i don't even know why i'm friends with that freak. he's so annoying and he makes me wanna kill myself everyday! i'm suprised i put up with his bullshit without dropping him."

the shocked male felt his heart drop at the words his bestfriend was saying about him, even though the voice sounded a bit distorted and edited judging by the few cutouts and high pitched screeches in the background. jake emotionlessly stared at the concrete floor with a few droplets still dripping from the cheeks, but he stood up with a firm posture to show that HE can do what he needs to do.

he walked away from the gang, pulling out his phone to message jungwon to meet him up at a local park or an alleyway.

—————