3

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘'sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ's ᴡɪsʜ'

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
'sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ's ᴡɪsʜ'

𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗟 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗗, Aneira noticed Sophie in a angry mood. She was walking at a faster pace than normal.

"Oh, I hate my stepmother!" Sophie scoffed. Aneira knew Sophie disliked the woman, but hate her? She'd never see Sophie truly hating someone. Sophie sighed when she saw Aneira's confused face. "There's an opening at the factory, where she works, so she's making me quit school to bring in more money."

"So I will quit too," Aneira says, which was something Agatha would surely be disappointed in. Aneira asked, "Can she get me a job there with you?"

"And then what? We just fade into this town like everyone else?" Sophie replied.

"No, Annie. My mom said I'm supposed to do something important. Something that matters," Aneira followed Sophie through Gavaldon until she stopped at a tree in the middle of the town.

Just by the look Sophie gave Aneira, the girl knew what she was going to say next wasn't going to be good.

"So, I'm leaving tonight," Sophie says.

"Wait, Sophie... you've never even set foot outside Gavaldon. You don't even know what's out there," Aneira replied.

"None of us really do," She continued. Well, the statement wasn't entirely true. Agatha and Aneira knew a land outside of Gavaldon.

"That's the point. You know nothing can ever happen for me as long as I'm stuck here," Sophie says. Aneira felt sad at the fact she could lose one of her only friends in the town. Sophie continued, "I can't settle for an ordinary life. I won't."

Sophie took on the grass near the tree. Aneira patted her bag, smiled, then went to join her friend. She took a seat right beside Sophie.

"Hey, look," Aneira says, rummaging through her bag. She pulled out a stick crown she made for Sophie. "Remember?" She asked as she showed Sophie the crown.

"I took it home after we visited our special tree," Aneira says. Sophie's face looked happy. She even giggled at the sight of the crown.

"See? You already did something that matters. The day you became my friend," Aneira explained.

"Please, I can't handle this place without you," Aneira pleaded. She got up and started to pace in front of Sophie. "I'll talk to your mom and dad, and I'll tell them how unfair this is!"