Chapter 1

Harry lay on his bed in the cupboard under the stairs wishing he was back at howarts or with his godfather sirius at least if he was with sirius he wouldn't be in the situation he is in now. He had been locked in the cupboard again and threatened with no food for a week for accidently levitating the salt and hitting dudley in the face. He didnt do it on purpose but his aunt didn't care dragging him to the cupboard by his hair throwing him in and locking the door behind her. Harry sighed as he lay on the bed thinking.

He really should get out his school work and start on that but all he can think about is what will happen when uncle vernon gets home and finds out what he did. He would rather take on dementors over what uncle vernon will do to him for hurting dudley and using magic in his house. If that wasnt bad enough his aunt and uncle had for some reason decided to have him home for christmas break. Harry didnt know what to do he was walking on egg shells waiting to know the reason why his aunt and uncle wanted him home.

Harry was jolted from his thoughts by the sound of the front door slamming shut. Uncle vernon was home. Harry didn't dare move as he heard his uncle's heavy footsteps walk past the cupboard and into the kitchen. Harry breathed a sigh of relief after hearing no sign of uncle vernon coming to punish him. Then the sound of uncle vernon shouting angrily reached his ears, loud footsteps were stomping towards his cupboard. Harry's eyes widened in fear knowing what was about to happen. The cupboard door was wrenched open and harry was dragged out by his hair and thrown to the floor.

The next moment all harry felt was pain. Harry was thrown back into his cupboard bleeding and bruised. He just lay there in defeat tears rolling down his bloodied cheeks not knowing how much longer he would survive. Then he heard a knock at the door followed by a loud commotion uncle vernon and two other familar voices arguing in the hall. Suddenly the cupboard door was flung open smacking into the wall next to it. The last harry knew was the same familiar voice swearing and strong arms picking him up under his knees and head before he was swallowed by darkness