four

Makima didn't really try to start a conversation at first. Mostly because she was cooking dinner. Akako was stuck playing with a bunch of huskies, which she was fine.

"You're such an interesting person, Akako," she mused as she watched both the vegetables she was cutting and Akako trying to pet all the dogs.

Akako shrugged a little. She was pretty sure Makima was talking to herself, but she wasn't 100% sure. She continued to pet the huskies

Makima eventually finished cooking, but decided to delay dinner. She sat down on the floor next to Akako and all her dogs rushed to her.

"Aww..." Akako was upset that they all left her. She found dogs adorable. She never got one because of her living conditions, maybe she should now...

Makima noticed her disappointment and moved closer to Akako.

"Woof-" Makima laughed before she finished fake barking. Akako couldn't help but snicker as well.

"Atleast they came over again now," Akako said as she reached out to pet an all white husky. She ruffled its fur as she talked to it in a high, sweet voice.

Makima watched as Akako played with the dogs. Makima reached out a touched Akako's hair as softly as possible, hoping the girl wouldn't notice.

Akako didn't and they all stayed like this before Akako remembered that there was food.

"I don't want your dinner to get cold," she said, standing up. Makima retracted her hand immediately.

"Me too," the devil hunter head pushed herself up and walked next to Akako as they traveled to the kitchen.

~

It was raining when dinner was finished. Makima refused to let Akako go.

"You can stay the night. I have extra blankets and clothes," Makima said after she stopped Akako.

Akako wanted to refuse, but realized she was already checked out of her hotel and was techinally homeless.

"Thank you so much," she told Makima. She made her way to the couch until Makima grabbed onto her wrist.

"You're not sleeping on the couch." Makima pulled her through the hallway.

"I can sleep on the couch, it's fine-" she said. A couch was a bit more comfortable than a field of grass.

"No." Makima held onto her wrist tighter.

Akako shrugged. A bed was more comfortable than a couch and a field of grass. The dogs would follow Makima, so Akako might be able to cuddle with them.

Makima instantly handed Akako clothes. A tank top and pants. It looked comfy enough.

"You can wear this." Makima smiled at the girl with the slightest shine in her eyes.

Akako conceded as her dress had gotten itchy to wear. She was glad she got to take off her heels earlier, but now she was getting done with her dress.

The tank top was form fitting, but not tight. Akako was pleasantly surprised when she realized that she looked actually good in it. The pants were just normal pajama pants, a black and red plaid.

Makima was already laying down. She was playfully arguing with the dogs to make space for Akako.

"Awww, Shortcake! Miss Akako needs to sleep, too!" She ruffled the tan colored husky.

"Did you name your dogs after desserts?" Akako asked. A dark brown and beige husky trotted over to her and nuzzled her with its nose. It only stopped when she began to pet its head.

"I did. The one next to you is Tiramisu."

The husky immediately left Akako's side the second its owner said its name. Akako pouted for a split second. Tiramisu was very fluffy. Makima took notice of it and waved the girl over.

"Lay next to me." Makima patted the bed.

Akako carefully crawled onto the bed. The dogs were surronding the bed, some even beginning to jump onto the bed. Akako lowered herself into a relaxed position. She wondered if it was weird to sleep in the same bed as your boss. But Makima wasn't like her boss, from the second they entered the cafe Makima felt like a friend. Not a friend, but someone who treated Akako with a higher regard than the devil hunter treated others.

Makima got up and pushed a few of the dogs off the bed. "I can't close the door or they scratch it and cry, but I would like my bed."

Akako was about to speak, until Makima shook her head. "You're not a bother. But they-" she ruffled Shortcakes head- "don't understand this bed isn't for them." She kissed Shortcake's head. Akako smiled in amusement.

A few of the dogs left the room. Akako saw a few lay down just outside. Tiramisu tried one last time to hop up on the bed. Makima gently pushed him down before she climbed into bed next to Akako.

The girl's eyes drooped as the day caught up to her. Makima also looked tired, but considerably less so.

She remembered Makima moving around a bit before Akako fell asleep.

~

The girl woke up to Makima cuddling her.

It wasn't like a mutual hug, it was more so Makima resting her head in the space Akako's arm and torso. Though half of Makima's head was on the girl's arm. The woman's arm was drapped across Akako's waist.

Akako would be okay with it if her arm was not asleep. She moved her arm and felt pins and needles climb up to her shoulder. She hissed from the overwhelming feeling.

Makima woke up because of this. She yawned before she noticed Akako's state.

A genuine look of concern flashed on her face as she jumped up. "Are you okay?"

Akako nodded, her arm was slowly feeling better and she was able to flex her fingers without much of the agressive tingly feeling.

"Okay, okay..." Makima nodded, her normal calm expression returned. She fell back into her bed and placed her head next to Akako's head.

The girl decided to go back to sleep. It felt weird to have a pillow and blanket, but it was familar to be next to another person. Makima's weird powerful aura felt dull now and it had since Akako went into the apartment. It gave the girl the desire to find out more about her powers as well as devil hunters. Even those other two devil hunters had some amount of powerful presence. She also felt dim auras as she walked around that day. She wanted to know why she had this sudden change. Was it Fuwa Fuwa or something else?