07| Its ASR time

Ahmed on the picture above...

Ugbad Mahamed Nuur povs

I close the door behind me and start to put on my seat belt. Ayaan sits right next to me and stares at me. until I look up at her.

"So what did HE say?" she says a little too excited. She takes my hand and starts shaking it. She's really hung up on Jaxton.

"Ayaan, Wallah I can't bear to talk about him," says to her in a plaintive tone. Because it's true, I can't bear to talk about Jaxton at all, but for some strange reason, I have no problem talking to him. WHEN he's not an asshole.

"Pff, I just know he likes you," says Ayaan. Suddenly her eyes widen and she realizes what she has said in front of both her brother and his friend. Allah, for something small.

Her brother looks at me through the mirror of the car, and the friend, whose name I understand is Cumar, quickly turns towards us.

I gasp and say "auzubillah minash shaitan rajeem, Ayaan dont tell such disgusting lies.". Really I am so annoyed and shocked that Ayaan can think something like that.

He doesn't like me and he won't in a million years. He hates me and I hate him. He likes to bother me, he likes to get under my skin. He knows me, and I know him. That's the thing about me and Jaxton we've always understood each other.

"Aya, that boy there is not someone I associate myself with. Not now and not in a million years, may Allah guide him." I tell her in a calmer voice.

"Uggy I know, relax. He just likes to bother you because you're the only one who stands up for everyone else he messes with. Like today in math class, " she says in a reassuring voice. I breathe a sigh of relief and so does she.

"What happened today in math class?" I hear someone say. I look towards the boys and see that Cumar has asked. He seems interested, I study his face. He has a structured face, a jawline, and slightly thick eyebrows and he looks like someone I have seen before, but who? I can notice some facial hair, but not a beard that has grown I can tell. Cumar's face is radiant, it lights up. It's noor, is it noor?

Omgg, I have been checking him out. Auzubillah, Astagfirullah. I've been looking at him a little too long, I suddenly take my eyes away from him. I look down, I make sure to lower my gaze. Ya Allah forgive me, I think for myself.

"Today at school Ugabd put Jaxton in his place after he was indescribably mean to a teacher. The teacher didn't manage to say anything back, and as usual, Ugbad comes in and stands up for those in need." Ayaan says, bragging about me. Ayaan had that power, to make it look like I was a hero. When I really wasn't.

"Ayaan, it wasn't like that. I was just annoyed by the way Jaxton thinks he rules the whole school with his annoying wallet. I stand up for those who need it yes." I say to her as I stare at her.

"Whether you guys should have been there, she put him in his place like hell," Ayaan says in an even more enthusiastic voice.

"Ayaan." I say as I look at her, why is she cursing? I hate it when people swear.

"Oh, sorry Uggy. Totally forgot you were against any kind of cursing" she says as she looks at me.

"Wow, Ugbad. Would have loved to have been there while you put Jaxton Kincaid himself in his place," says Ahmed in the background, while laughing. Cumar looks at he also looks at me and says "Yes, you are brave. Not many would have done what you did. May Allah reward you."

What a nice dua, may Allah reward you too Cumar I think to myself.

"Amen. And thank you" I say as I look at him, suddenly looking down.