Ch. 15 - only you

Beginne am Anfang

He lowers his head to meet yours, maintaining eye contact while doing so. "Stain me with you lips instead."

Before you could respond, Hyunjin clashes his lips onto yours, knocking the breath out of your lungs and causing you to gasp. The kiss was desperate and rushed, your hot breaths mixing in the cold air between movements, a trail of saliva connecting you in the brief moments when you pulled apart, only to swiftly resume your position with your mouth on his. He kisses you like his life depends on it, and you feel like you're dying and being brought back to life every time your lips touch. Finally breaking apart to catch your breaths, your chests sink and rise rapidly as you breathe heavily.

"I was looking for you all night." The sound of Hyunjin's voice snaps you out of your frenzy.

He gazed at you with such intensity, you could believe every word he says, but the story still didn't add up.

"Then why were you with her?" You look up at him with an unwavering stare.

"She grabbed me when I wasn't in the right mindset."

"What? Are you drunk?" You scoff.

Hyunjin frowns, closing his eyes and leaning an arm on the wall behind you. "No, but I feel sick." He rests his head against yours, your foreheads touching.

"What happened? Are you okay?" You carefully reach up to stroke his cheek.

He lets out a long sigh before answering. "Will you be honest with me?"

You furrow your brows in concern, wondering where this conversation was going. "Yes, what is this about?"

Hyunjin lifts his head to meet your eyes. "You promise?"

"I promise."

"Are you still in love with your ex?"

You stand still, motionless in place as the meaning behind his words slowly sink in. You are taken by surprise. This question was definitely not one you were expecting, and you struggle for a few moments to fully comprehend it.

"No." You answer. "No, absolutely not. Where is this coming from?"

"I saw you with him." Hyunjin mumbles, now staring at the ground. "He was holding you."

"He forced that on me, I swear."

"You promise you didn't like it? Even a little?" Hyunjin winces as he asks the question.

You lift his head to make him look at you. "I hated it Hyunjin, I hated it so much."

Caressing his face, you continue to explain yourself. "I went to find you right after. I wanted to be in your arms instead."

The wrinkles on his forehead slowly smooth and the worry in his eyes starts to melt away. "You promise?" He asks once again.

"I promise. It's only you."

Hyunjin studies your face, still apprehensive of your words. You spend some moments in silence before speaking up again.

"I never felt this way with anyone before Jinnie, no matter how stupidly I fell for guys in the past, with you it's different, it's deeper." You watch his expression, desperately trying to convince him of your feelings. "I only want you, and I will only ever want you."

Your voice slightly falters from how nervous you felt, declaring your affections to Hyunjin in the most vulnerable way possible. You still don't know why he was kissing another girl a few minutes before, but you are certain of your feelings for him, whether or not he will return them.