Secrets.

The almost identical pair, sat on Yugi's bed. The smaller of the two was overwhelmed with joy. His heart had been mended.

"Yugi. There are a couple of conditions to me returning."

"What is it?" The other asked eagerly.

"One is that I will age like any normal person. I will blend in with everybody else. And two is that nobody else can find out about me. Nobody can see me or it would cause problems." Yami spoke regretfully.

"Well, the normal person thing means that you won't ever be alone. And the fact that no one can see you will be difficult but we can get through it!" Yugi chirped.

Yami gave the boy a smile. "I know we can. I just hope that I can fit into this world."

"I'm sure you'll be fine. It's not that bad once you get used to it." Yugi beamed.

All of a sudden a yawn escaped Yami's mouth. "Wow. I have forgotten what it's like to feel tired. Not sleeping for 5000 years really takes it out of you." He smiled.

Yugi chuckled and grabbed a blanket from the bottom of the bed. He crawled back up to the headboard and put the blanket over himself. He lifted up one corner of the fluffy sheet and gestured for Yami to join him. The other gladly obliged and snuggled under the covers. The two lay together and began to drift off.

**********

Yugi's POV

I woke up to a warm presences laid beside me. Fluttering my lashes open, I witnessed Yami sleeping peacefully, facing me directly. I smiled. I could not believe that he was here. When he left, I thought that my body and soul would never be complete and I would spend my life trying to fill the painful gap. But now he was back, I never wanted to let him go.

"I can't tell you how much you mean to me pharaoh. Without you, I would still be broken." I whispered, gazing at Yami's closed eyes.

Then all of a sudden. "You mean a lot to me too Yugi." A deep and raspy voice called smoothly.

I jumped a mile as I realised he had heard everything I just said. Yami shot open his Crimson eyes and laughed at the embarrassment that was plastered on my face.

"You heard that?! How long have you been awake?" I stuttered, awkwardly placing my hand behind my head. I could feel my cheeks burn.

"Long enough aibou."

"Aibou?" I questioned.

"It means partner."

"Oh."

Almost instantly the door began to creak open and a humble, jolly voice broke through. "Yugi, time get up, you will be late for school..." Grandpa said as he inched the door open.

"I'm getting changed grandpa! I'll be out in a minute." I cried, fearful that he would see Yami.

"Oh, alright my boy. Breakfast is ready when you are."

The door slammed closed the two sighed in relief.

"Whilst I'm at school, you are going to have to find some good hiding places. Grandpa can't see you or he will freak." I joked.

"Yes. I'm going to have to stay out of sight. But Yugi what am I supposed to do whilst you are at school?"

"Oh. I never really thought about that. I'll have to think on it for now. But hey, here." I said as I ran over and began rummaging through my desk draw. "Aha." I whispered, tossing Yami my spare phone. "You can talk to me throughout the day so you shouldn't get too bored."

"Thanks Yugi." Yami smirked.

**********

3rd Person POV

For the past 3 weeks Yugi had forced his way up the school entrance. Each stride breaking his heart just a little more as it was one more second, one more step, one more breath without his Yami. The corridors would close in on the boy and the torture of being alone once again would haunt him. However, today, the stone steps at the front of the school, he strode up with ease. The corridors no longer haunted him. And the feeling of being alone was completely obliterated.

He waltzed into the classroom and made his way through the door way, sitting down in his assigned seat. Joining the cluster of friends, he beamed happily.

"Hey Yug!" Joey smiled, propped up against his desk.

"Hey Joey. How are you?" Yugi chirped happily.

"Woaw Yugi, you seem chipper all of a sudden. You finally decided to move on?"

"Yep. I guess there is nothing I can do now, so I just have to get back to my old self."

"Yeah! That's a way to do it!" Tristan yelled from the desk behind.

"It's great to have you back pal!" Joey cheered, resting his hand on Yugi's shoulder.

Though the lesson was rather boring, Yugi had never been happier. The uninterested class simply sighed and continued to force their tired eyes to stay open. Yugi's however, were glued to the phone underneath his desk which he used to text continuously for the next 2 lessons.

Yugi: How is it going at the game shop?

Yami: Well, other than your grandpa singing for the last hour, everything is as it should be.

Yugi: I'm so sorry you have to listen to him, I'll make it up to you I promise.

Yami: Don't worry, now get back to class before you get into trouble.

Yugi chuckled and closed his phone with a loud click. Just as his gaze landed back on the blackboard, the bell hollered throught out the school, signalling it was time for lunch.