No Longer Nameless Departure.

The pharaoh takes his final steps towards the blinding light. Yugi is on his knees, letting tears roll down his cheeks as he attempts to catch them in his sleeves. He sniffles and stands purposefully; his last bit of strength calling out. "Pharaoh don't go!" He begs, water pouring from his eyes. He couldn't let the pharaoh leave. Yami was the only person who understood him; helped Yugi through thick and thin. He was more than a friend. He was Yugi's protector. His other half.

Yami snaps his head around to the distraught boy. "Yugi. You know I have to. If I stay here, my spirit will never be free. *pause, sigh* Yugi, you are an amazing duelist and I know you will achieve great things. I will never forget your bravery and the kindness you taught me. I won't ever forget the times we defeated the darkness together. No matter how hopeless it seemed, we pulled through as a team. But now it's time for me to move on and time for you to face your own battles. Because now, you have the strength and confidence to achieve anything as long as you keep your faith." He says softly, giving the other a weak smile.

Yugi wipes away the droplets forming in his eyes. He nods silently and breaks out the best smile he can. Standing just behind Yugi is Joey, who sticks up his thumb in praise to the pharaoh. Yami mimics his action and gives a confirming nod. He slowly but surely makes his way into the light.

His friends and family, of 5 millennia ago, appear before him. He strides forward and disappears through the door, his cloak floating graciously behind him. The shining passageway begins to narrow until the stone doors crash together and darkness sets in once again. The glow of the eye of wdjat begins to fade. It's over.

"He's really gone." Yugi weeps.

"Yeah.." Joey trails off. Tears stain Yugi's cheeks. But all of a sudden his mind snaps to his surroundings as the underground passage begins to crumble.

"We need to leave!" Ishizu states. Everyone runs out towards the light. The entrance to the staircase crumbles and clouds of dust linger in the air. The gang stands all together as the dust clears. Joey tries to cheer up the downhearted group.

"Hey Yug, don't you think it's time for a few of your inspiring words?"

"Well, I guess. Some things come to end but there is always a new adventure out there." He smiles weakly.

Yugi tries putting on the best face for his friends but the truth is, he is beyond heart broken.