Chapter 21: Choices

Start from the beginning

'Shit!' He thinks but isn't able to do a thing as his eyes roll to the back of his head and he falls unconscious before the guards.

"Get him back to the bed and search the room."

"Area I is secure."

"Good, and have we found the security threat?"

"No sir, there was a jamming signal that took out motion sensors and cameras. It's likely we have a spy on our hands."

"Not to worry," in a room full of agents as they went to work in checking and fixing the room as well as setting Kakashi back into the bed, a man came into the room, form covered by a large trench coat. His face impassive and stone cold as he looks down at the unmoving form of a killer. "Ms. President left me in charge."

XxX

Shoto could barely contain his anger.

Usually he was very composed and showed barely any emotion, but today was different.

And not in a good way.

He could remember large parts of Kakashi's childhood. He knows what Kakashi's been through because of the people that lived in the same Village. He knows Kakashi's been ostracized because of the choice his father made. He knows what it's done to Kakashi and that was why he was so angry.

The man who was spreading this rumor would only further slander his name. Kakashi didn't need that. He knew that, and even though he didn't agree with what Kakashi did, no one else was there. That man was strong—he was toying with them the entire time. He struggles with the idea that the man could've been beaten into submission or even knocked out. He knows his possible with any human but that man had just been so strong. Killing him was, probably the only choice.

But he knows better. He knows Kakashi killed him for another reason entirely. His first action upon joining the fight proved it. He came there with an intention to kill. That was no mistake. But a larger part of him doesn't believe he deserves the type of treatment he's been getting by every person in Japan. It was illogical to assume a child just killed a villain without any sort of justification.

There was something else he wasn't aware of that could make something like this occur. He had to know, but it seemed like the answer was nowhere near him. Like something unknown was blocking him from seeing more.

"Todoroki! Hey, Todoroki! Stop!" His anger filled walk is stopped as Tenya grasped onto his shoulder. "What's going on with you? Why are you so mad?"

Shoto couldn't even pretend to try and play it off. Maybe it was his social ineptitude or maybe it was the way he felt. "Sorry..." he mutters, looking away. His face still felt hot.

"Hey, I didn't expect to see you guys here." The three teenage boys look over to where the voice had came from, and sure enough it was someone they all knew.

It was Momo, dressed in a fitted long, black dress that fit in perfectly with the funeral. Her being around drew attention even more so because she was so known. Todoroki didn't think he wants to be around her right now. Having recognition at the moment was not good. Especially since that video.

She wears a kind smile.

"Hello, Yaoyorozu-San! You look finely dressed for the occasion!" Shoto found Tenya's chops funny.

Her smile brightens a few notches and she gives a small bow. "Thank you. You look finely dressed as well."

"The lovely Yaoyorozu-San! I hope this evening is treating you well! Did you not come with family?" Yuga says with his usual flamboyance.