Chapter 5: Longed Test

All Might had seen a lot in his long career at the very top of the Hero Society. A lot of villains, a lot of Heroes, and a lot of students training to be both. But he'd never seen someone quite like the child staring back at him. An emotionless, dark gaze bore into his soul, and it was hard to keep his smile that was one of the reasons he was so famous.

He almost dropped it for a frown.

Almost.

But he was used to showing it despite how he truly felt. Right now, he was feeling a certain level of dread, or was it sadness? He didn't really know, but now he understood why'd he been warned before this interview. Not even Todoroki, the closest child to what he was seeing now, had that sort of look in his eyes. It was haunting. A look that clearly saw the worse this world had to offer consistently and thrived in it.

"YOUNG KAKASHI, IVE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT YOU! IT IS FINALLY GOOD TO MEET YOU!"

All Might was surprised to see that not even his presence gave the Gray haired teen any more pause that a raised eyebrow from his one open eye. All Might did not miss the scar across his closed eye, already seeing that there wasn't a way that eye could be functional with a scar as deep as that.

Kakashi only stared at All Might, seeing him like this made his realize just how large the man was. A true hero figure from a book or something. One that could inspire the hearts of others and put that at ease with just his presence.

Kakashi felt no such ease. It wasn't like he was hoping it would work for him though.

Nezu stood in the background alongside the rest of the faculty of UA, a heavy silence over the rather large, familiar group. Nezu was frowning, he may have had plans for Kakashi, but seeing the boy like this caused his to frown even though he had a small dislike of children. A child this young shouldn't have eyes like his, after all.

"So, this is the boy." Present Mic slowly muttered, frowning himself. Twelve years of age and he acted like that. It was like he was seeing Aizawa all those years ago. Definitely not a sight he was keen on seeing again.

Midnight didn't know if she was angry or if something else was wrong with her emotions as well. Physical and clearly emotional abuse was heavy on this child. That dreary look in his eyes never changed, even from seeing the No. 1 Hero. She gripped harder on the arm she had already been gripping. She was a masochist and all, but this was beyond a simple fetish. Actual abuse is what this was.

Snipe was angry. He thought of several parts of the human body that he would shoot if he ever came across the scum that would subject a child to something so harsh that it would change him like this. He might've not known the boy before this, but he knew all children started off innocent before something happened to them. This was no different.

Vlad King felt his blood boiling, almost to a point of overload. This was completely outrageous. He thought about his own classroom, thinking what it would be like if everyone of them were like this. He growled once more.

Power Loader, understandingly, didn't know that much about children. Or people in general for that matter. Sure, he worked with people and students alike in his lab before, conversing with them regularly, but his experiments always kept him away from an emotional experience where he could truly understand the people around him. Mei was the only exceptions. She was a simple girl, understanding her was like understanding the motivations of a hungry animal. But he was angry. Angry at just seeing the child. He'd seen third years with more childlike wonder than one 6 years their senior. It was ridiculous.

Cementoss could only glare at the screen, with crossed arms. Clearly, he didn't like what he saw. He always had a suspicion of something like this since he and Aizawa met the kid. The way he looked and acted only confirmed it.