chapter 9

As your eyes fluttered open, the blinding light urged you to squint, prompting a hasty closure. Slowly adjusting, you surveyed the room, realizing you were in your cell. Confusion knitted your brows as you pondered, "What happened?" Your gaze shifted downward, discovering Daryl holding your hand while peacefully slumbering, his head nestled on your stomach. Attempting to unravel the mystery of recent events, your mind drew a frustrating blank.

"(Y/n), you're awake," Daryl's voice broke the silence as he lifted his head.

"Yeah... What happened, Daryl?"

Before he could respond, Hershel entered the cell, unravelling the enigma. He explained that you had been shot during the group's exit from Woodbury.

With Daryl's support, you rose from the bed, leaning on his sturdy shoulder. Together, you made your way to the cafeteria, where the rest of the group awaited. A flood of affectionate hugs enveloped you from everyone, grateful for your quick recovery.

"We were worried about you (y/n)" Carl said to you, Patting your back.

Yet, amid the reunion, you noticed something – Daryl was missing.
Thinking he must've slipped out to go grab something from your cell, your curiosity took you back outside, as you came out the doors of the compound. You witnessed a scene that shattered you.
Beth's lips pressed against Daryl's.

your heart sank, gripped by an unexpected and unwelcome twist. You stormed back inside, angry as ever.