Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"If we're working with them, we need to update Daggers with all this information. Then we can get together as a larger group and figure out a plan of attack. The more men, the better."

"Good."
Prez nods,
"I'll make the call tomorrow, set up a meeting and start the ball rolling. Jax, great job today. You stuck your neck out when that could have been a very dangerous situation, but you handled it well.
Dismissed."

I stayed sitting while everyone else filed out of the room. Prez and VP stayed back, understanding the fact that I wanted to talk.

"What's up, Taz?"
VP asked, once the door clicked shut.

"I'd like to know what the plan is with Raff, once we get in there."

"He crossed us. Stole from us. And hurt us. He's no longer my son."
I studied Prez's face as he said those words. I wanted to make sure he was certain.

"I want him. I want to be the one who deals with him.
He's hurt my girl, and myself too many times. This is personal.

"He's yours."
Prez looked me square in the eye, his stern expression never faltering.
"We'll take him alive and you can deal with him."

"Thank you."

"Think about what I offered earlier, Taz. You're a leader. The job should have been yours to start with. It would be your choice who your VP is.
We're not gettin' any younger."

VP shook his head and downed the rest of his whiskey.
"These bones are gettin' old and tired, boy.
I haven't told any of you young ones yet, but I'm not going to be around much longer.
Life's caught up with me. Too much drinking and smoking. Dark spots on my lungs that they can't do anything about. Only a matter of time. I don't want a fuss, I just want you to think about it."

With that, VP and Prez got up and left the room.

I must have stayed sitting in my seat a little longer than i realised, because a glass with two fingers of whiskey gets placed on the large wooden table in front of me and a large body sits in the chair beside me.

"Thanks."
I told Teddy as he takes a sip of his own drink.

"What's up?"

"I've been asked to take over."

"No shit, the next Prez, huh?"

"Apparently."
I replied, swirling the liquid around my glass.

"You don't want it?"

"I don't know if I'll be any good for it."

"You already have the respect from members here, and you'd have us for support."

"How am I meant to run a club, and have a family?"
Both were such a full time thing and I wouldn't want to half-ass either.

"I guess thaťs something you'd need to discuss with your lady."
Teddy put down his glass and turned sideways in the chair to face me.
"But you ask anyone out there, they'd tell you that they already look to you as a leader.
Why do you think everyone comes to you for shit?
Prez has been winding down for a while now. You just didn't realise It."

Scrubbing my hands over my face, I realised how much the day had caught up with me.

"I'm going to bed."
Standing up from the table and heading over to the door, Teddy speaks before I could fully walk out.

"Night, Prez."
He chuckled and I shook my head.

Marching straight up the stairs, I just needed my girl.
Opening the door to our room, I found Em sitting up in bed with snacks laid out around her.