Friends Forever

"Man he's loud." Alexis says annoyedly as she, Chief, and Copper are listening to Amos shouting in pain as Widow Tweed tries to wrap his injuries on his leg over on her porch while they're in the barrels.

"You ain't heard nothing yet. You ought to hear him when he really gets going. I have a couple times." Copper says as Alexis is laying with him inside his barrel.

"I have once but I was out playing so I didn't hear it that well. But either way I get your point." Alexis says as she hears Amos scream again.

"Huh! He's sure makin' a big fuss over a little old hurt leg." Chief says grumpily.

"You mean like you did when you got your leg hurt?" Alexis asks as she smiles at Chief.

"Well I.. oh you young pups. Think you know everything about us old folks." Chief says grumpily as Alexis laughs slightly as Chief then goes to sleep in his barrel.

"Copper. Follow me for a moment." Alexis says as she gets up.

"Huh? Uh sure?" Copper says as he follows Alexis over away from Chief.

"So did you really mean what you said?" Alexis asks as Copper looks at her confused.

"Said about what?" Copper asks.

"That you cared about me. Ever since we were pups?" Alexis asks as Copper blushes.

"Oh uh that." Copper says nervously.

"Did you really mean it or were you only saying it to keep me from fighting with you over Tod?" Alexis asks curiously.

"A little of both actually.. but more that I cared about you that anything. I really have cared about you since we were pups." Copper says.

"Even if I'm a wolf?" Alexis asks.

"Wolf. Dog. What's the difference? You're beautiful to me in every way. You're always by my side no matter what. I.. I love you." Copper says as Alexis smiles.

"Really?" Alexis asks.

"Yeah.. do you feel the same?" Copper says.

"Yes. I just didn't know you felt that way." Alexis says happily.

"Well I thought it was obvious to be perfectly clear. But I'm glad you feel the same. Means I can do this now without you looking at me weird." Copper says as he then licks Alexis's cheek causing her to blush.

"What was that for?" Alexis asks.

"Just a friendly show of affection." Copper says as he smiles goofily and wags his tail.

"Goofy pup." Alexis says as she and Copper head over to Copper's barrel and lay down.

"But at least I can be goofy and myself around you though. Hey what are you doing?" Copper asks nervously as he then sees Alexis licking his leg.

"Tweed and Amos missed a couple scratches. Just cleaning my mate's leg is all." Alexis says as she stops licking some scratches on Copper's leg momentarily before going back to cleaning the injury.

"I'm really glad I have you. I just wish Tod could be around us though." Copper says as Alexis looks at him.

"Yeah but at least now Tod can stay with that female fox safely without Amos after him." Alexis says as Copper smiles at her.

"And with how he sounds I don't think we'll be hunting any time soon." Copper says as he hears Amos screaming.

"I'm fine with that. Means we can spend more time like this." Alexis says as she lays her head on Copper's leg before he lays his head on hers.