Getting Revenge

"Poor Chief. And it's all my fault." Copper says as he and Alexis watch Amos go over to Widow Tweed's.

"No Copper it's not. Nobody knew a train would come around last minute like that." Alexis says as Copper looks down.

"You're right. It's Tod's fault. I shouldn't have let him go!" Copper says angrily.

"It's not his fault either. You did the right thing letting him go." Alexis says as Copper looks at her.

"Right thing? Right thing!? Alexis he nearly killed Chief. We told him he shouldn't of been here! He didn't listen and look what happened!" Copper shouts angrily.

"I know Copper but he is our friend. He was only trying to keep from getting killed by Chief!" Alexis says in attempt to reason with Copper.

"And in doing so he nearly got him killed! This wouldn't of happened if only I hadn't let him go! If he wouldn't of came to see us!" Copper shouts angrily.

"Copper!" Alexis says angrily.

"No Alexis. This is his fault!" Copper says angrily.

"But-" Alexis then gets cut off by Copper.

"Enough Alexis! I don't want to argue with you. We're hunting dogs and he's a fox. We can never be friends with him." Copper says coldly as Alexis gives a shocked look.

"You're wrong! We don't have to let our labels define who we are! We-" Alexis then gets cut off by Copper.

"Alexis stop! Please just stop. Look I care about you. I have ever since we were pups. I don't want to argue with you." Copper says as his expression softens.

"Well I don't want our friend to killed!" Alexis says angrily.

"Please Alexis. Don't make me fight you over this. Please don't make me fight you to get to Tod. I care about you too much for that." Copper says pleadingly.

"Then I guess we have different views of what is right and wrong." Alexis says sourly.

"Alexis answer me this. Are you really going to fight against our master and Chief? People who have been your family since you were little? Are you really going to fight against me? Just to protect Tod? Are you really gonna sit there and tell me you would rather choose him over me?" Copper asks pleadingly before Alexis sighs.

"No.. I guess not.." Alexis says sadly.

"Good to hear that." Copper says in relief.

"I'm still angry that you are choosing to do this.. I'm even more angry at myself for having to choose this.. I don't want to do this copper. It's not right.. he's our friend." Alexis says sadly as Copper looks at her.

"He once was our friend. Things have changed. We're not the same people we were. We're hunting dogs now and Tod is a full grown fox. It was never going to last. You have to of known that." Copper says as Alexis looks away from him.

"It doesn't matter what I think anymore copper. We are what we are I guess.. now let me be." Alexis says as she goes inside her barrel.

*Timeskip*

"She dropped that fox off at the game preserve. We'll get him. We'll get him!" Amos says as he unhooks Alexis and Copper from their barrels before heading inside with them. As the three come inside Chief comes out limping with a whine.

"Chief. Get back in there before I break your other leg." Amos says as Chief whimpers and limps back into the other room.

"Poor chief.. I wish things didn't have to end this way." Alexis thinks as she watches Chief.

"Copper. Alexis. Lookie here. Now when that fox comes traipsin' along, suspectin' nothin'..." Amos says as Alexis and Copper then watch him snap a twig in half with a steel trap as Alexis looks in fear and sadness at the trap.