Chapter 11.

Recommended song: Jeremy Zucker- Better off

"Please come visit again soon Nari!" Mrs. Kim yelled from the dining room as Nari slipped out the front door of the apartment, "I'll be seeing you soon don't worry!" Nari shouted back with a large smile before quietly shutting the door. 

"What was that?" Nari whispered, her eyes bulging from her skull as she gawked up at Gwang-il. "What was what?" He smirked cockily, playing dumb as he playfully cocked his head to the side. Nari pouted in frustration, "Your parents. Parents don't act like when a kid gets good grades." 

Gwang-il shrugged, still grinning from ear to ear as he turned to walk to the elevator. "Well, mine do." He shot back as he held open the elevator door for a stunned Nari who stood frozen in place, still trying to process the jarring sequence of events. 

Gwang-il's face melted from a grin to a contemplative pout, his eyes fluttering to the ground and he refused his inner voice from convincing him to spill every word his been holding from Nari. He moved his hand from the elevator letting it slide shut behind him. His hand slid into his pants pocket, mimicking his other hand. 

He stopped inches from Nari, letting his lips fall onto her forehead. His eyes squeezed shut as the feeling of her skin on his lips sent a strong tingle through his jaw. 

When he pulled away Nari looked up, allowing him to rest his forehead on hers, the tips of their noses brushing together, their breaths leaving trails of painfully sensitive goosebumps. "You trust me?" Gwang-il whispered, his eyes burning into Nari's. "Always." She quickly whispered back, her hands crawling up his chest to latch onto the fabric. "Then trust me when I tell you you have done more for me and my family than you you'll ever know." 

The words Gwang-il uttered were the total truth, for years Ye-won and Nam-il had cleaned up the messes the Gwang-il and his friend left in their destructive trail. Nam-il had connections that ran deep into the country.

Since the beginning of high school, Nam-il arranged for Gwang-il to pass in a hush, hush manner although the report cards his son brought home showed a clear fail. Gwang-il barely wrote tests or handed in assignments, instead, he and his pack of dogs would skip school altogether and go on the hunt for some more innocent flesh. 

Ye-won and Nam-il knew the twisted ways of their son and they fought to hide that too. Whether it was intimidation or money the cops were swayed to turn a blind eye to the bloody crime scenes scattered throughout the city. Ye-won would cry herself to sleep many nights after bleaching deep stains of blood from her son's school uniform while Nam-il lay awake, afraid for their lives. Nam-il lived in paralysis fear of his son since his true nature came to light, fearing Gwang-il would come looking for more revenge after all the years of abuse, but the boy never did, although his hands itched to wrap around his father's neck. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." Nari's cheeks puffed out in the most innocent smile before she leaned over the center console to place a tender kiss on Gwang-il's cheek. Nari was fast but not fast enough. 

She turned, and her hand grasped the door handle but before she could open the door Gwang-il's veiny hand gripped both her hand and the door handle, "Where are you going?" Nari gasped softly, feeling Gwang-il's strong chest press up against her back, pushing her body up against the car door. Nari's forehead fell against the car window, her rapid breath fogging up the glass as her eyes squeezed shut feeling Gwang-il's plump lips graze along her neck. "Gwang-il." She shuttered, her nails digging into the leather seat. "This is revenge." He smirked as a large hand slipped under Nari's shirt, rough fingertips caressed her soft skin as Gwang-il moved to grab Nari's waist.