Nevermind the future what will happen now?

March 22nd, 2059

Me, mom and dad were ready to leave. We were just waiting for a signal to do so. We checked the news and it was sheer panic. The news was all about people getting attacked by zombies and there were several warnings. With that all three of us departed. Dad started up the car and drove us out of the house and towards somewhere. It's crazy how our lives changed all of a sudden. Usually if we're traveling somewhere, we'd all be singing along to songs on the radio.

I'd play eye spy with mom and we'd all camp, but now it's silent except for the occasional zombies throwing themselves at the car. I cried more than I'd like to admit and mom comforted me everytime. I was sending prayers hoping we'd survive this. I was woken up by mom and she told us we found a military bunker to stay at. I was happy but that soon disappeared when they told us to get away because the bunker was full. We felt defeated and got back into the car and continued.

We had to stop a few times along the road for us to eat and for me to pee. We tried to leave, but we couldn't anymore, because we ran out of gas. Dad cursed and I sat there in the car in silence, while mom and dad looked at the map again. We had no choice but to keep going on foot after we took our stuff with us. My feet started to hurt and I was getting tired while we were walking. I'm sitting here writing this in a safe haven.

We got attacked by zombies and only narrowly escaped their bites. We got saved by a group of survivors and got taken in, but not without some conflicts! They found out about the bite mark I had and nearly killed me!!! Who in the fuck does that? I was scared of dying. My parents begged and in the end they compromised. I was just to sit outside the safe haven, while surrounded by zombies.

I had two options if I wasn't human, according to them. I'd either get eaten before I turn or turn and become a mindless zombie that eats humans. The thought of that makes me feel horrible... i don't want to become a murdering zombie!! Once they found out they were wrong, they let me in. After all that I can't help but feel like a zombie. I've been here for months and no one trusts me or lets me help!! I'm left cooking, not that it's wrong!

It's fun spending time with mom.I just. I just want something exciting y'know? But what if dad is right? It doesn't matter if I want to help, if I get too impatient and mess things up for everybody, they'll hate me. And I don't want them to kick us out because of my selfishness, so I guess I should just be grateful for even being able to help by cooking.