Chapter 13: We Aren't Flirting!

Начните с самого начала

"What did she want?" Pope asked.

"Well-

"JJ, look out," Pope yelled on the other line.

"Whoa," JJ yelled.

"Are you guys okay?" Evelyn asked nervously.

"Yeah, Yeah we're fine," JJ said.

"If you call fine just about getting ran over, then yeah," Pope said.

"Now is not the time, Pope," JJ said, "Anyway, what did Kiara's mom want?"

"She wanted to know if I knew anything about why they got arrested," Evelyn said.

"You didn't tell her did you?" JJ asked worried.

"Of course not JJ. How stupid do you think I am?" Evelyn said rolling her eyes.

"Well-" JJ started.

"Would you two knock it off. You just made up," Pope said cutting JJ off, "Well what are we going to do now?"

"Don't look at me," JJ said, "You two are supposed to be the smart ones. Come up with something."

"JJ Maybank, did you just call me smart," Evelyn smirked.

"I-uh-you know what I mean," JJ said.

"Now is not time for your flirting either," Pope said.

"We aren't flirting," JJ and Evelyn said at the same time.

"Whatever," Pope said, "We need to come up with a plan."

"I really don't think there is much we can do at this point," Evelyn said.

"What do you mean?" JJ asked, "We can't just leave them in there."

"I mean there is not way Kiara's parents are going to let her stay there. I'm sure Mike is on his way right now to the sheriffs station to get her," Evelyn said.

"And what about John B?" Pope asked.

"Hopefully Kiara can convince her dad to bail him out too," Evelyn said.

"And if she can't?" JJ asked.

"Then I'll just beg my parents," Evelyn said.

"Okay, so what do we do in the mean time?" JJ asked.

"We wait," Pope answered.

After saying goodbye to the boys Evelyn decided to shoot Kiara a text to let her know when her and John B got out. She laid down on her bed tapping her phone and checking it every 5 seconds. She got up pacing staring at he phone waiting for a text for Kiara. After about 5 minutes Evelyn threw her phone on her bed decided to go take a shower to hopeful pass the time faster. Before going into the bathroom she did decide make sure to turn the ringer all the way up.

The girl got into the shower and let the hot water run over her body. She hadn't realized just how exhausted she was until just now. Running away from bad guys all day really took a lot out of a person.

When the water ran cold, she decided to get out and change into some comfy clothes. As she slipped on her shorts her phone dinged making her mad dash for the bed.

Unknown Number:
Hey

Evelyn:
Who is this?

Evelyns heart raced as she saw the bubbled pop up, indicating that the person was typing. She hoped it wasn't one of the bad guys. Though she quickly pushed that out of her mind, knowing that there was no way they could have gotten her number.

Unknown Number:
It's Topper

Evelyn let out a sigh of relief. She didn't know what she'd have done if it was one of those guys that chased them earlier.

Evelyn:
Oh hey, Topper

Topper:
Hey, sorry your dad gave me your number.

Of course he had.

Topper:
Hey I just wanted to let you know that there's a party this weekend if you wanted to stop by.

Evelyn:
Yeah sure, I'll think about it. Thanks!

Topper:
Sure thing. No problem if you don't come, just wanted to let you know

Evelyn sat down her phone with a sigh. There was absolutely no way she was going to Topper's party. Her parents had probably begged him to invite her anyway, so that he could  suck her back into the Kook life they'd always wished she'd been apart of.