Tori Goes Platinum: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"...Last year, the Platinum Music Awards were watched by over two hundred million people, worldwide. And this year, I am very excited to announce that we will begin the Platinum Music Awards with a performance by a complete unknown! Beginning now, we are conducting a worldwide search for a fresh young talent who will begin the award show with an original song... And become an overnight music sensation!" 

Mason rose his hands up as journalists, and the people around him started bombarding him with questions, "Now, please hold your questions. Just hold the questions, thank you." He murmured, as they quieted down. "So, for the next 48 hours we'll be accepting online video auditions at SuperstarBAM.com."

"So... all you young performers out there who feel you have superstar potential..." He paused, as I glanced at my friends, with excitement. 

This could be an amazing opportunity for Tori, Andre or even Cat. But mostly Tori and Andre, Cat could sing like nobody's business, but I don't think she saw herself working in Hollywood or being famous one day. 

"Show us what you've got." He winked, before the live press conference ended and the class erupted into loud chatter, as some of us got out of our seats, talking about The Platinum Music Awards. 

"That's amazing!" Tori exclaimed, as Beck and I immediately got up and went to her, Andre and Jade. Tori tapped on my hand, before gasping and looking at Andre as he and Beck talked. 

"Oh my God, you could totally do that song you wro—" I told Tori, as Beck started moving his body around like a tube man. 

"Alright, alright, settle down," Sikowitz said, as he climbed back up the stage. "Cool your jets, sittttt!" He raised his voice, watching us as we found our seats. "You can all work on your Platinum Music Award auditions later, alright?"

Robbie nodded, "Right."

"Yeah." Tori murmured, smiling. 

"Alright." Andre said, leaning forward in his chair. 

Obviously, I wasn't going to send one in. I had no desire to open for The Platinum Music Awards or be a pop star in the near future. That was Tori's dream. I wanted to be on the big screens. 

"Now. I was talking about backstory. Now, when I played Loogie... I made a list of character traits for each letter of the name." He continued teaching, as he walked to the white board and took the top off of a dry erase marker.  Beck tapped my thigh, getting my attention as he picked up both of our bags from the floor. I glanced at him, seeing Jade, Robbie and some of our classmates' tip toeing out of the classroom. Watching Sikowitz write out Loogie on the board, I stood from my chair, "So, for L... I was... lonely." Sikowitz said, pouting his lips. 

I grabbed Beck's hand, following my friends out the door as I ushered Tori to come on as she quietly grabbed her backpack and sent a glance at Sikowitz.  "So, then I thought I would be...—" We heard him say as we walked down the hall, the door slowly shutting.