Cell Block

October,

"Well, you better look again." Robbie said, watching for Cat's reaction.

"Because there's been a murder." Jade added, her voice wavering. 

We were currently in the Blackbox theater, rehearsing a play. Cat, Jade and Robbie were up front as Tori, Andre, Beck and I sat in the chairs behind Sikowitz. We had been rehearsing for the past week, and it was getting repetitive and boring, so we were all kinda on our phones. Trina had just sent me a funny horse video and I'd sent it to Tori. 

"Murder? Where?" Cat asked as I lifted my head up from Beck's arm and leaned forward, watching the video I sent Tori. I laughed out loud, making Sikowitz look back and shush me. 

"Sorry." I mouthed, wincing as he turned back around.

"Right here." Jade answered with a nod. They held their green play scripts open in front of them, leaning on the small, tall table in the middle. Behind them was the spaceship for the play, and it was big too.

"On this underwater submarine." Robbie said and Burf clicked the underwater sound effect.

Cat looked away, her eyebrows furrowing. "I better wake up the President." She said before running over to the telephone by the wall. She broke the glass and started laughing, looking at Sikowitz. Grabbing the red corded phone, she put it up to her ear. "Give me the White House." She giggled. 

"Oh my God, that's insane!" Tori laughed, looking at her phone. 

Sikowitz turned in his seat, "Excuse me?" He asked, grabbing our attention.

"Oh hey." Andre said, laughing before looking up from his phone to Sikowitz's expecting gaze.

"Oh uh, we were just watching a video." Tori shrugged, putting down her phone.

"Yeah, these two horses are...--" Andre showed him his phone, starting the video over. 

Sikowitz looked away, cutting him off. "Put your phones away. We are rehearsing a play." He gestured to the stage.

Tori nodded, "Right.." 

"Our bad." Andre said. 

"Hey, send me the link to that video...—" Beck began to say to Tori before Sikowitz cut him off.

"Stop that!" He exclaimed, making us look at him. I put my phone in my pocket, and laid my head on Beck's shoulder again, putting my full attention onto rehearsal. I was Jade's understudy, so it was actually best if I focused. 

 "Jade, let's go from your line." Sikowitz said, looking down at the script. "Jade!" He called her again, looking up.

"What's up?" She asked, looking up from her phone.

Sikowitz sighed, putting down his script on the chair beside him. "Gee-m'nee crackers!" He exclaimed, standing up from his chair. "I'm trying to teach you kids something about...--" 

A phone ringing cut him off, preferably Andre's. Sikowitz looked at him as he put his finger up, grabbing his phone. "One second." He said, making Sikowitz sigh and hold his head in irritation. "Uh, grandma, what is it?... No. Nobody stole your bed. You're just in the kitchen!" He said as Sikowitz hiked his leg up on the chair he was sitting on and crossed his arms. 

"Hang up that phone right now!"

"Take your pills." Andre said before hanging up the phone.

"I'm getting sick and tired of...—"

A mix of our ringtones went off, making Sikowitz roll his eyes. "Ah, what now?!"

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and touched the pearsign, turning it on.