"Fantastic!" exclaimed Sikowitz. "Bravissimo!"

"Truly amazing, miss..." Lane trailed off.

"Vega." She said, grabbing onto the frilly ends of her skirt. "T-trina Vega." She stuttered, nervously.

"Well, Trina Vega," Principal Eikner began as Lane leaned over the table, putting a check by her name. "As Principal of Hollywood Arts, I can tell you right now, you're in!" He said, eagerly before the 4 judges beside him, and a boy with corn rolls on the catwalk above them clapped for her.

"Oh my gosh," She smiled, fidgeting with her hands. "Thank you. God bless you all." 

"Come on everyone, let's take five." Principal Eikner said, placing his hands on Sikowitz and Lane's backs. They disbanded from the table, exiting through the curtained door. "Inspiring." He whispered, shaking his head in astonishment. At the same time, they were leaving, Trina was twirling towards her backpack, singing to herself.

"Hey!" The boy above her said, getting her attention. "You got some hot pipes." He said, standing behind the effects board. 

"Aw, thank you." Trina grinned, messing with her backpack strap. "What's your name?" She asked.

"Sinjin. The school's cool, isn't it? My dad works here, and next year, I'll be going to school here."

"Wow! Cool."

"Yeah. I set up all this audio equipment! And I ran these cables that go to the light—" Sinjin revealed, jangling with the large spotlight's cable until it came swinging down, onto Trina's throat.

"Ouh!" She exclaimed, as the light came in contact with her throat, pushing her back. She fell to the floor, grunting and coughing violently.

"Are you okay?!" Sinjin asked, gripping the catwalk's railing as Trina held her throat, standing up.

"Yeah!" She replied hoarsely, hunching over. "I think so..." She cried, holding her throat as she gulped for air. "But that light just hit me right in the... throat."

"Oh no." Sinjin muttered, worriedly. "Can you still sing like an angel?" He asked.

Trina nodded, moving hair from her face. "Let me see."

And as Trina opened her mouth to sing, she and the boy with corn rolls quickly realized she could never sing like an angel like she once had.

"Really?" Cat said, as I shook my head. It was a great story, and even a greater legend. But it wasn't true. Trina has never been able to sing like that, or.. in general. My sister has never been able to sing, and that was okay. I just wish she realized it.

"Yup. That light hit Trina so hard, it knocked all the talent right out of her." Andre mused.

"Okay, that is not how Trina got into Hollywood Arts." Jade said.

"Yeah," I agreed, "And even if Trina got a gigantic spotlight swung into her throat, don't you think we would be hearing about it EVERYDAY?" I rhetorically asked, glancing at each of my friends.

"It's the story I always heard." Andre shrugged.

"Well, it's wrong." Beck said, zipping up his backpack.

"Then how did she get in?" Cat asked, right as the bell rang. 

"We gotta get to class." Andre murmured, as we grabbed our bags and stood up from the bench.

"No, wait!" She said, still sitting at the table.

"I'll tell you later." Jade told her. I didn't even know how Trina got in, but I loved stories! So, I couldn't wait to hear everyone's so-called stories about how she got in.