Chapter 26 Three way group battle

Comincia dall'inizio

"This is interesting I accept."

"Oh and could we not use bonds for this time?"

"Why not?" came the objection from Curtis.

"Look at your bond. And then look at him now. Vent would you scare his little cat a bit."

Vent flew towards Grawder and stopped in front of him. He shrieked once and this caused Grawder's knees to buckle. Soon after he laid down on the ground giving up. "Is that enough of a reason?"

"I accept" he said through gritted teeth.

"There is also a second reason. If he is in the battle he will try to protect you. And you might not see every stray spell coming your way. He might get injured since he has no artifact on him. Of course using your beast will is still an option."

"Now, now children. Let us commence but you still need each one student."

"We don't need one. They are nothing compared to us" Clive said.

"Shut up Clive you have no idea. We will take whoever wants to help us lose not as bad with open arms. Please just one." Tess pleaded.

"Don't worry Tess we will hold back."

"How dare-"

"How much holding back?"

"Enough holding back of course. We don't want to flatten the schoolgrounds" Nico answered with a grin. This comment caused us to be stared at in disbelief and anger. Thinking we are just arrogant.

"I will help you princess" Lucas volunteered. "No one can beat a Wykes. I will prove that here and now." To that Cecil snorted and he heard it.

"I will help the DC members" came the response from a dwarven student.

"We will gladly accept the help" Claire responded. Everyone prepared themselves by putting on the protective gear. There were still some students that glared at us and whispered to each other how gruesome we will lose. But after Tess's plead and Vent's display of power there were less voices speaking up. Tess was there while glancing at us over and over again with obvious worry in her eyes. I walked up to her and wanted to help her with the armour and to ease her worry. But Clive had to but in.

"Where do you think you are going."

"I am going to my fiancé. She seems worried and I as someone that cares about her dearly want to ease it."

"You dare spout such nonsense. You must have blackmailed her. She would never take one like you. A commoner no less."

"Look Clive I don't care what you think. But one I am no commoner not that it matters. I did not blackmail her and I do care about her. I also believe that those feelings are mutual and stop cutting in. You just want Tess for your self. You want to own her. But I tell you that once." I used my killing intent so that he suffocates but does not fall unconscious. "If you ever lay a hand on her and she does not want that. If you ever think inappropriate thoughts I will cut the part that has done the unacceptable deed of." With that I walked past him towards Tess.

"Tess what is the problem?"

"I don't want and I can't fight against you. I also know that you won't lose to us. I just want to help you to catch up to you and not be so far behind you. It is like I am standing behind you and the gap gets bigger and bigger. I just-"

"That's enough Tess. I can understand that you feel powerless and think that you have to depend on me. But that is not true. You just get stronger in your own way and with your own pace. Do never ever compare yourself to others. Just be yourself. Since there is no need to become like someone else. You are amazing the way you are and will become perfect with time."