FIFTY

Wei WuXian manage to subdue the blade of Nie MingJue and sealed it to the coffin that was unearthed. Now all they have to do is clean up the temple from the mess and sort out everything.

Jin GuangYao didn't died even when the blade tried to get out of the seal. With the help of all cultivators on that scene, the case ended with lots of mixed emotions to the reason of the disaster.

Her brother started to get suspicious of Nie HuaiSang, judging from him tired face as he twirled the ChengLing on his palm as the juniors flock around them.

She took Meng Yao and sent him to her Valley, to keep him from getting beaten to death by others.

Human's minds are fickle; they might be praising you with beautiful and colorful words, then they will stab you the next once they got an opening to your weaknesses.

Lan XiChen is quite troubled that Wei MeiLan decided to take Jin GuangYao and locked him to her Valley.

"Lan Huan, Meng Yao will not make any trouble inside the Valley; he already made a promise of living quietly and my place is the only place I can offer him to start a new life that he needs. Perhaps a new scenery and some wisdom from others are needed for him to heal.

Yes, heal.

Perhaps him being sent to the Jin clan wasn't his entire wish. He was maltreated by his father because he was illegitimate, his half brother disdains him too, and in order to get recognition from people, he resorted to different kind of methods.

You won't really know the reason as to why they did it unless you saw it yourself. You really cannot judge a book by it's cover only, after all, everyone has reasons as to why they did it. It's just the outcomes of their decision affect others badly.

"And I don't want you to sulk like a kid and close yourself off," She added. "I know you will feel guilt if something happens to him as you treated him like a real brother. You might be disappointed, but I know you don't hate him that much. So just let me handle this, okay?"

If there's another thing that Wei MeiLan never cease to amaze him is her empathy towards him. She know how to distinguish his feelings as she tries to hold back everything for him, just to be considerate.

"What about the people inside your Valley?"

"Adding another person to the place is not burdensome to them. Actually they might be glad to see another cultivator staying since I rarely do stay and A'Xia is often at Lotus Pier. Of course you can come and visit how he fares in there, if you think the place is not good for him than you can take him away and bring him somewhere else,"

"You know that I almost tried to kill him, don't you?" Lan Huan answered calmly. "I've decided that if he does something, I won't hesitate to end him with my hands,"

"Lan Huan, remember this: death is a comforting solace that a person that has no will to live wants. Meng Yao has no desire to live now that everything has been taken away from him; his secrets are already revealed, he has no one to confide with, he grew up as an adult alone. I can't be his confidant for I have my brother and the Jiang clan. Him, on the other hand, has only his mother that died. And he was deprived of fatherly love. We all have almost the same circumstances, it's just the environment where we grew up is different, and how we get the attention. Lan Huan, it's up to you, whether you will stay as his brother or not,"

"I thought you hated him,"

"I hated his ways, not him,"

"Well, if you say so,"

"I just don't want that Jin Ling turns out to be like him, that's why as much as possible I do it. I act as his second mother, if not, as his real maternal aunt that can guide him to a path that won't aggravate other people because of their desire. We learned this the hard way, don't we?"

Lan XiChen stared softly at her. "You never fail to amaze me, A'Qing. You say things that makes me wonder if you're at your age or an immortal with a youthful appearance. Well, if you think that he will be safe in your place, then I won't complain. Just be safe, will you?"

"Who do you think I am, Lan Huan?"

* * * * * *

Things has settled down after the confrontation. Nie HuaiSang took over the role of Chief Cultivator as Wei MeiLan declined the offer.

"I don't want a role that gives me a pain on my behind because of tons of work, give it to someone else who has more time to spare for this," Wei MeiLan is studying the faces of people who wants her to be their figurehead of the cultivating world.

She know that some of them just want to gain favors to her. Who would not want to have the highest role that gives perks to everything?

Of course the Wei siblings aren't interested of that.

Wei MeiLan dragged Jin GuangYao to the Water Valley and introduce him to the people who resides in there, saying that he's staying after retiring as a cultivator.

Wei MeiLan never exposed his mess nor mentioned it to anyone, which he is grateful of.

Maybe he should have confronted her the first time before resorting to those plans that he had done.

And he regretted that he should have done it long time ago, than having an outcome like this.

But then again, despite of her sharp tongue, she gave him a second chance to repent for his mistakes, than getting killed.

The worse thing that can happen to him is to receive ridicule from other cultivator.

"Who they think they are to degrade others? Do they feed you? Do you owe them something? If not, they should tuck their tongues inside their mouths or I'll nake sure it'll fall off so they won't be able to speak shit anymore," Wei MeiLan frowned at his expectations.

"Remember this, Meng Yao: I don't give a shit of what you have done outside. I confined you here so that you can repent, not to punish you as a prisoner or slave or whatever. I don't care what do you want to do here, as long as the people here aren't aggravated or gets injustice. Treat it as vacation, holiday, residence or whatever, just make sure you're alive. Tell me who talk shit to you and we'll talk intently,"

"I don't like the way you say the word talk, Sister Mei," Jin GuangYao looked defeated.

"I have my ways to persuade people, not involving sweet talks, so just worry about yourself and what you want to do,"

Jin GuangYao really want to cry in gratefulness to Wei MeiLan.