devanté swing | 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"good job, boo! now our girl's party ready!" Angel smiled, earning a playful eye roll from London while she looked at herself in the mirror.

London wore a black NWA graphic tee and blue jean jeggings while a pair of a black Converse with white laces rested on her feet. her letterman jacket with the nickname "Don" added warmth to her upper body as her hair remained the same, not wanting to style it so she could hide her face with it.

she couldn't deny how good she looked and felt, but she still didn't wanna go to this party.

"DeVanté surely gon' be on you tonight." Amira's words removed London from her thoughts as her head snapped back to her, earning a low snicker from Amira.

"oh, so, that's why y'all want me to go to this party? 'cause the basketball player i got a crush on gon' be there?" London asked, raising her brow, as she crossed her arms and cracked a small smile.

"duh! that, and we don't want you to be by yourself tonight." Angel chuckled, smiling innocently while Amira smiled with her.

DeVanté had been London's crush for a few weeks, and it didn't help that they had nearly all of their classes together or that she was a cheerleader and he was a basketball player. Vanté was practically everywhere she went, including sometimes in the hallway when she'd leave class to go to the bathroom and when she was at cheer practice.

sometimes they even locked eyes on the basketball court, but there was one occurrence on that court that lived in London's head rent free; after DeVanté had dunked the ball over their opposing team's players, he and London locked eyes as she was cheering with the others and DeVanté gave her a small smile and winked at her before continuing on with his game.

imagine getting winked at by your crush in the middle of one of their games. it drove London's insides crazy, and it also didn't help that they won that game that night.

"Angie, be fo'real, you and 'Mira literally always disappear not even five minutes after we walk in the building together and i end up either sitting in the corner by myself or i go outside and end up callin' my brother to take me home." London stared at her friends with a straight face, looking between the two women and raising her brow a bit higher, as Amira and Angel looked at each other before looking back at London.

"tonight's gonna be different, okay, we not gon' leave you as soon as we walk in."

Amira and Angel did not stay true to their word, which didn't surprise London. as soon as the two saw Cedric and Joel, they left London's side quicker than they ever have.

Cedric and Joel, also known as 'K-Ci' and 'JoJo', were Amira and Angel's crushes, which was ironic because Cedric and Joel were brothers and Amira and Angel were twins. Amira had a crush on Cedric and Angel had a crush on Joel, and if you asked London, they were the perfect matches.

Amira and Cedric were both extremely playful, barely took anything seriously, and were practically the life of the party while Angel and Joel were laid back, mostly quiet, and mainly just sat in each other's houses watching movies. there was an evident difference in both pairs of siblings, but they do say opposites attract, so it'd explain why they were so close.

as for Dalvin and DeVanté? they argued 90% of the time. they hardly ever got along, and if they did, it didn't last a whole 24 hours. their parents were used to it by now and so was everyone else, including their teachers and their principal. hell, they argued more than the Hailey brothers did, and that spoke volumes since Cedric was exceedingly annoying.