the start

Chapter 1
Trent pov
I ran out the store with the bags of chips I stole. “Hey stop that kid! Don’t ever come back or you’ll see juvy you rotten kid!” the storekeeper said. I turned into my alley and looked at the stuff I got today. All I had was two bag of chips, $2.00, and half of a granola bar. I actually did pretty well today. I hid my stuff behind a loose brick. I started to walk towards the park. No one was usually there so I could just sit and think without really being in danger. I arrived at the park and looked around. It was a nice park. Ginormous trees, a swing set, 4 slides, a see-saw, and a lake. I walked to my favorite spot under a willow tree. It’s been here for as long as I’ve been homeless. I closed my eyes and thought of how I became homeless in the first place.
~flashback~
“mommy where are you!” I said. I ran around looking for my mommy. She had brought me to the park to play but then she lost me. I walked to where the car was and I didn’t find it. I started to get worried. I looked around the whole park but my mommy was nowhere to be found. I walked down the street until I just gave up. My mom had abandoned me and that was final. I went into an alley to start my new homeless life at the age of 10.
~back to present~
I was brought out of my flash back by a loud noise. I looked up to see a group of guys. Judgeing by their tattos they were in a gang. They all had a snake on their wrist. I got up quietly and tried to get away unnoticed. When I was almost out one the guys pointed me out. I started to run. They were chasing me and gaining fast. I started to turn hoping they would get lost. But they didn’t. they kept up they whole way. In a panic moment I took a wrong turn and came up to a dead end. I turned around to see that they had got me. In front of me was the leader I guess. He had brown hair and brown eyes. He looked like he was mexican and had a lot of tattos.
“who are you?” he asked.  “i-i-i’m noone important.” I said looking down and pulling on my hair. It was a habit I had whenever I get nervous. “ I said WHO ARE YOU! Tell me now.” He said. “trent.” I whispered. “well Trent your coming with us. Come on I’ll take you to your house you can get your stuff then we’re leaving.” He said. “I’m homeless.” I whispered as he walked up to me and grabbed my arm. “ just makes it all the easier.” He said. I led them to my alley – well not MY alley anymore-. I got my stuff from behind the loose brick and walked back over to him. He took my $2.00 and bag of chips but let me keep the granola bar. We walked for a while and during that walk I learned a few things. I learned that his name was Miguel and that he was the leader of the Snakes. Also that I was meant to act as his butler/maid. I was to do everything I was told with no questions or I would be punished. He said tha I only will be HIS butler/maid. No one else’s and he made sure the rest of the gang knew that. We finally arrived at the house which looked like a mansion. I stood there gapping at it until he pulled me roughly inside. “ you guys can go do whatever. You come with me.” He said still holding on to me. We walked all the way on the 4th floor of the mansion. He pulled me in front of a door that was painted black with a red snake going up the middle. It’s fangs had blood dripping from it. “come on. I have a few things to explain to you.” He pulled me inside. “now, you will serve me like I am your master. You will even call me master you aguebado (idiot in spanish). Also you will cook for us and clean. You won’t leave this house at all. Do you understand these rules.” He said looking down at me. “ yes master.” I said . looking down. “oh I almost forgot. You will sleep in here but on the floor.” “ ok master.” He walked over to the bed and laid down. “ better get some sleep. You got a long day tommorrow.” He said throwing a thin blanket on the floor. I grabbed it and laid down. It wasn’t much but it was more then I’ve ever had before. “thank you master.” I said before I fell alseep.

Miguel’s pov
Finding trent was going to be helpful. Although I can feel some weird emotions twords him. Whatever their probably nothing. I threw him a blanket and laid down to go to sleep. “ thank you master” he said. I was confused. Why would he say thank you to me if I’m being mean to him. Whatever. I settled down and finally went to sleep.

 for the willow tree click the external link button