I shook my head. I turned to Calum to find him with a smile on his face as he held his arms wide open towards me.

"I'm sorry too," I muttered to him.

Calum slowly lowered his arms as his smile faded, "Wait..what?"

"None...I choose none of you," I stated firmly.

They both exchanged glances at each other before looking at me once again.

"What..." they both said in unison.

"Are you serious about this?" Calum asked.

"You'd pick none of us rather than one of us?" Michael said in disbelief.

"Correct," I replied.

Calum and Michael exchanged confused glances with one another once again.

"It's not that I hate any of you, but me picking one over the other is just going to tear you two even more apart," I explained.

Michael scoffed, "I'm obviously the better choice but whatever."

With that, Michael walked off without a good-bye or anything. Leaving Calum and I alone in the isolated hallway, we stood there in silence.

"Are you sure?...about your decision?" Calum started, turning towards me.

"Yeah I am...until you guys sort out this whole bad blood between each other, I'm not choosing anyone," I stated.

"So what does that mean for us?" Calum asked, "Does this mean you're...dumping me?"

"Calum, how could I dump you if we weren't even dating," I sighed, a little disappointed.

"What? So what were we then?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"I...I don't know," I said, honestly not knowing the answer myself.

"So...this was all just for fun?"

"What?"

"All of this; our feelings, our laughs, our kisses...were all just for fun? For you to just play around with?" he said.

"No, of course not!" I exclaimed, "Why would you think that I'd ever do that?"

"Well if we weren't dating, what were we then?!" he demanded for an answer.

"I honestly don't know! What I do know is that we had a thing for each other but we never became an actual...thing," I replied.

"But we kissed and-"

I shook my head, "Calum, dating doesn't mean just kisses. Dating involves feelings and trust and love and so much more! If you honestly think that hugs and kisses make a couple, I don't even know what to tell you."

There was so much more to being a couple than just the public displays of affection...and I was pretty disappointed that Calum didn't realize that. Maybe this was the right choice. He stayed silent. Assuming our conversation was finished, I began to head towards the exit. As I walked, a part of me wanted him to chase after me and persuade me to change my mind like in those typical chick flicks while another part of me was happy that he respected my decision and left me alone. Reaching the door, I paused before my hand came in contact with the door handle. As soon as I stepped out, all connections with him would have to be erased and we would have return to strangers. Wrapping my hand around the door handle, I turned back to look at him...but he was already gone.

CALUM'S P.O.V.

I sighed, standing as I waited at an area I was so familiar with. I leaned against the railing, trying to figure out how I was gonna break the news to her. Within a couple more seconds, the door opened. I was greeted by her father.