4. deja vu

San (the party)

I jump in the car as soon as my sister tells me she's ready to go.

I usually don't go to parties because I don't like the ambiance. Plus, I find people who go to these sorts of things pretty annoying, well most of them. I prefer to stay home on the sofa and watch Netflix. 

My best friend Mingi thinks the same, that is why he is not coming tonight.

Nevertheless, I am making an effort for my beautiful girlfriend Liza. We started dating three years ago and it is still so perfect between us. Sometimes too perfect. We were in the same high school and ever since then, we are inseparable.

However, Liza is not the main reason I am attending the party. Seonghwa is. He organizes this party and as the new member of the swim team, I need to make a good impression on our captain. I joined the team this semester after hearing that it could be good in my resume. I used to do swim competitions in high school, and because I am a good swimmer, I made it through the university club. 

In the end, I accepted Seonghwa's invitation because we have competitions coming soon, so it's my chance to socialize and get picked to compete. 

Besides, I need to drive my sister safely back home anyway since I'm not drinking tonight, and she is. 

I am changing the songs on the radio station when my sister finally gets in the car. I stop playing on the bottom when I hear the first notes of Justin Bieber's song "Purpose".

"Ohh you love this album, don't you?" Haneul tickles me with a big smile.

"Yes, my favorite," I respond while starting the car.

We listen to a bunch of different music during the whole ride. It is good to just relax and enjoy some music.

Since Haneul took so long to get ready earlier, we arrived pretty late at the party, and all the parking spots were already taken.

"We'll have to walk a bit," I say while engaging in another street.

"It's okay San." She answers with her hand on my shoulder. I smile back at her, and we start walking toward the house after I found a place for the car. We finally entered the party ten minutes later and as soon as I walk in, I knew that this night would be something.

***

"Saniii" Haneul begs in my hear.

It's been only an hour and she is already drunk.

I turn around and look at her. My little sister has been acting dumb ever since we arrived. She flirted with some random dudes and kept asking for more shooters.

And now she has a little smirk on her face as her eyes start becoming bloodshot.

"Go easy on these drinks. Here some water." I simply say while taking away the cup she has in hand and replacing it.

She nods and accepts the water and I start walking away to leave her with her friends.

"Saniii, can I sleep over tonight? All my friends are going to Jisoo's house!" Haneul finally asks me before I was gone.

I simply shrug my shoulders as an answer. I don't want to argue with her right now, she won't even listen to my arguments if I say either yes or no. Besides, I guess she can go since all her friends are going too.

She smiles really hard at my casualness, and I roll my eyes. She is such a kid.

I turn around with her last drink in hand and walk in direction of the kitchen. I pass next to a bunch of gangs and finally, I spot my girlfriend standing there in the middle of the room with all her friends, gorgeous as always. I walk up to her to give her a sweet kiss on the lips.

"Hey, Liza." I simply say before we hug. 

We look into each other eyes and both smile. Her beautiful face always helps me forget about my worries; my sister for example. We passed most of the party together and I could stay with her all night.

Our lips are so close now and she reaches mine first. 

"How's your night going?" I ask her between two kisses.

She puts her arms around my neck and whispered sensually: "Better when you're around."

I grab her hips to bring her close while she plays with my black hair. I give her small kisses around her ear and notice she likes it since a small groan escapes her lips.

"You're beautiful tonight," I say against her soft skin.

I stop the kisses when I notice her friends start a game of beer pong behind her. Do I want to join them? I don't know, I don't want to be seen as the clingy boyfriend since she came with people I don't really know.

I back off a bit to tell her that I'm going home.

"Why? It's so early..." She says a bit disappointed.

"I know, but I'm tired and you'll have much more fun with your friends, we'll see each other tomorrow," I reassure her.

She nods and kisses me goodbye. I wave at her and continue my way to get rid of my sister's cup that was still in my hand. I reach the small bar next to the dance floor, accidentally trip over something, and spill the drink on somebody.

"What the fu.." The guy almost swears before his eyes meet mine.

Jung Wooyoung.