TPM 14: Magic Name

Miracle Verose Aderail

What the hell just happened?! Did we get bewitched?! Hindi ba si Dion 'yong kausap namin kanina? Kung hindi siya, sino 'yon?!

Halos mabaliw na ako kakaisip kung ano ang nangyayari, tapos bigla ba naman dumagdag si Dion?! I can't believe it. He was acting very delicate earlier and now, he looks like he was going to kill me again.

Nagpasya na lamang ako na paalisin ang dalawa dahil gusto kong mapag-isa. It took awhile before I got the peace I wanted because Dion was starting to swarm us with questions Markus and I can't answer. Maski si Markus hindi alam ang nangyayari.

"I can tell you."

Napako ang tingin ko sa kanan ng may narinig akong nagsalita. Halos lumiit ang aking mata ng makilala ko kung sino.

"You freaking bitch, what did you do?!" I yelled at her. Fate looked at me after she picked the flowers scattered on the floor when the vase broke. "Why did you even break that thing, too?!"

Nilapag niya sa mesa 'yon, tapos dinapoan ako ng tingin. "The General has a condition that even himself did not know."

Napatahimik ako. Fate walked to my direction, completely discarding the pieces of the vase scattering on the floor. Her feet did not actually touch the tiles, like she was floating but I've seen her walk barefooted. I think, Deities don't walk the same way as living beings.

Umupo siya sa dulo ng kama habang nakatingin sa akin. "It's the beast that is inside him."

Nangunot ang aking noo sa kanyang sinabi. "Dragons don't have the skills to compel anyone and itself."

"You got it completely wrong, Miracle. Dragons are known to be the greatest warriors in their time. Right now, they are only in the legends as after an arduous battle that depleted their kind. To not stop their power from dying, they merged with a human to continue their bloodline."

"The Delray," I said.

"Indeed, Reagans are part of the Delray bloodline. The General is a descendant of the dragon clan. However, his mother chose to cast his inner beast away in order to let her son live a good life."

"But, Dion is suffering from it. Hindi niya kontrolado ito."

"What happened earlier is one of the proofs of how powerful and uncontrollable it is. When you rejected his presence like he was the most unworthy person to hold you, that beast took away his emotions and let him forget. Dion should not feel intense emotions that falter his conviction, Miracle. That is why I told you that there are corresponding consequences of what you will choose."

"He is not allowed to feel too much and that's why he was uncontrollable when Verose died? He can't remember what he has done, like there are two people in one body."

Fate held my hands. "Dragons are temperamental. If they feel too much they tend to fluctuate. They will feel conflicted, and when that happens they result in rage."

Bumagsak ang balikat ko. "He forgot what we agreed upon. He forgot that we kissed."

"You can always say that to him, again. That inner beast seems to like you."

Napataas ang kilay ko. "What does that mean?"

"You can witness that yourself," she replied.

Fate is unreasonably gentle at this moment. It is making me feel suspicious about her. Clarinette said that Fate is a bitch and rude deity, but why does she sound so nice?

"Do I have to be wary of how nice you are to me?" I finally asked her.

Napangisi ang dyosa bago tumayo muli. "I guess they imprinted a bad impression on me inside your head. Although it is as planned, I don't have plans to make you suffer at this trial, Miracle."