33

Luke studied hard and did it persistently, spending hours in the upstairs library head buried in the textbooks and the computer doing assignments and online practicals.

He knew learning the fundamentals were going to be hard but that wasn't going to stop him.

The six months of persistent hard work would eventually pay off.

Luke came home one night from class, Sabrina scaring him because she was sitting at the kitchen table drinking tea, while Elliot was in his crib fast asleep.

"What are you doing down here so late?" He asked looking at the clock than his wife.

"It's only 10:45pm.. it's not that late plus I wanted to see you before I go to bed." She explained taking a couple more sips of tea.

"Well I'm actually grateful that you're still awake because I need to practice starting IVs on real people." Luke mentioned biting his lip.

"You wanna practice on me? Don't you do that in class with volunteers?"

Luke nodded, setting his bag down on the table.

"Yes but, you see that's apart of the reason why I'm home so late tonight. The instructor made me do it over and over again and I kept kinda messing up. If I fail the practical on this I'm screwed." Sabrina jokingly rolled her eyes.

"Okay you can practice on me but be careful." She warned and Luke grabbed a chair pulling it over to Sabrina sitting down.

Luke unzipped his bag pulling out a bunch of stuff most of it being equipment and he sprawled it onto the table.

"Pretend you're sick and I'm the hot paramedic that was sent to help you." LUKE suggested and Sabrina giggled, "you're going to turn this into role play?" She smirked and Luke bit his lip.

"We kind of have to because it'll help me be more prepared for a real emergency." He smirked again sliding on blue exam gloves.

"You're so hot when you take charge!" Sabrina enjoyed seeing this side of her husband.

Luke grabbed her arm placing it flat on the table in front of the both of them, "make a fist for me please." He instructed and his wife made a fist and Luke took a long and thick rubber band tying it on her bicep.

"It's not too tight is it?" He questioned and she giggled lightly shaking her head no.

Luke then moved Sabrina's arm closer to him poking his finger at the crease of her elbow.

"What are you doing now?"

"Trying to find a good vein just hold still." He explained focusing in on the task poking her arm a few times until finding what he wanted.

"Is everything good?" Sabrina asked again looking over at him, seeing this side of him turned her on.

"Yep." He muttered picking up an alcohol pad ripping it open cleaning the patch of skin he was going to work with.

Luke then took the package containing a needle opening it up holding it in between his fingers. "Ready?"

"Yep!" And Luke went slow making sure he stuck it into the place he wanted it, Sabrina gritted her teeth as the needle poked through her skin.

Luke got it into position threading the IV catheter through the needle. "Got it!" He cheered pulling the needle out, IV now in place.

He took the rubber band off and then his gloves. "I did it! I finally did it!" He cheered again, proud of himself.

"You're my hero!" Sabrina beamed from ear to ear kissing her husband on the lips.

"I probably should've used a smaller gauged needle but this worked so it definitely all worked out." Luke explained and they were still looking at Sabrina's arm.