Chapter Nine Preliminary

Start from the beginning

"If it doubles my strength that's a good thing.."
"No, it's not. You already have more chakra reserves than most, and in its own way is volatile, now add dark energy corrupting that even more, who knows what kind of monster you'll become. Like I said, you were stupid to let it in."
"Sorry." She murmured, disappearing from the fox.

"Alright, if no one is surrendering, we will have 12 matches, the battle will continue until one quits, is unable to fight or even killed. The matches will be randomly generated," He paused gesturing to the screen behind him. "You may move to the sides to watch."

They watched the screen fly through their names before displaying Kankuro Vs Tsurugu Misumi.

"Alright, first up." Kankuro commented, Hayate gestured and let the others move to the sides, Naru blinked as Kakashi pulled her back to him, she frowned as he leaned down with his lips nearly touching her ear.

"If that mark displays or you try to use that power, I will intervene and you will be disqualified, understand?" Naru paused as his keen eye moved from her face to her neck, she slid her hand up touching above the area and gave a head bob before she looked back to the fight that was beginning below.

Kabuto sighed deeply as he leaned against the wall next to his team sensei.

"Listen, I get the anger Orochimaru-sama, but perhaps this could be a better option." He whispered, keeping his eyes trained on the fight to avoid any attention.

"I need the sharingan, that is the key to my plans." He hissed angrily, gripping his arm glaring at Naru before looking away.

"Hm, do you really? I get the sharingan holds unlimited powers and skills potentially, but a jinchuuriki, especially this jinchuuriki has much more to offer."

"How do you figure?"

Kabuto smiled, adjusting his spectacles and eyed Naru from across the room. "The chakra reserves, power, enhanced healing, plus this jinchuuriki has the extra ability not yet awakened with her clan name. It's well known the Uzumaki's were known for their longevity, sealing ability and more, just like the other Uzumaki here." He whispered, Orochimaru hummed quietly, turning his sights to her. "She overcame the near death of the seal." Kabuto chuckled. "And bonus Sasuke is clearly madly in love with the girl,"
"Why should I care about puppy love?"

"Well, if we get Naru whether by choice or force, Sasuke could be desperate to save her, even blindly walk into a trap, you could keep her and take the sharingan."

Orochimaru hummed before sighing. "Have you found my lost pet?"

"Not yet, Naru and Sasuke killed the others, but Dosu escaped, I'll find him and ensure he-"

"Kill him." Kabuto thinned his lips. "Remove him before he becomes a liability, or your head will replace his."

Naru watched as Sasuke faced off against Shiba from Kusagakure, but of course due to skill on the sharingan he easily avoided the genin's earth style jutsu and knocked him unconscious using his Shishi rendan.

Naru sat by the railing watching as four matches tumbled on, immediately after Sasuke's was Sakura against Ino, which turned into a drawn out battle based on their years of friendship and rivalry over Sasuke and clearly unspoken emotions, ending with both girls knocking themselves out with no winner of that round. Following was Shino battling Mubi from the Rain team, Shikamaru battling Karin from the Grass team, and finally Chouji against Kabuto who turned out to be ruthless and have great chakra control proven by nearly cutting Chouji's organs with his chakra alone.

"He is off putting." Sasuke mumbled, Naru hummed watching Kabuto walk out of the room in haste.

"He's hiding something."