"You know what, do whatever the hell you want. The second we get back, we are giving you back. Or maybe we'll send you off to boarding school. Teach you some manners."

"But I've got friends here."

"Better get off to school, Cassie."

"Okay. I'm getting ready. Bye."

"Bye."

*Jay's Pov*

I had gone to Starbucks in the morning and had picked up a cup of coffee for me and a strawberry refresha for Cassie.

As I was driving up the road that lead to her house, some officers were banging on the door and were about to kick it in.

"Woah. Stop. What are you doing?" I asked as I got out of my truck, abandoning it in the middle of the residential road.

"She's in some school programme for being late. She's been late so far this week and the school has asked us to pick up the teenagers that have given up on it."

"Don't kick her door down."

"You know her?"

"Yeah." I said as I put the code into the door and opened it.

"Cass, hurry up." I called up.

She walked out of the kitchen in a pair of jeans and a crop top that was in a triangle shape at the front. She looked up at me and then at the officers.

"I'm leaving in a bit." She said.

"Listen, we need to take you now."

"She's really sending me to boarding school. She said she was joking." Said Cassie as she started to step back.

"No. Lincoln High School. Get your stuff and let's go." Said Officer Paul.

"Paul, I'll take her to school. You guys can go and pick up other students."

"Fine but you go straight there. No pit stops."

"Yep. Got it."

Cassie gathered her stuff and hopped into my truck.

"Nice ride."

"What's going on?" I asked her.

She leant her head on the window and let out a deep breath before answering my question.

"Am I rude?" She asked.

"Not that I know of. I know you are only rude when someone is rude to you."

"So me talking back to Wendy and arguing with her is okay?"

"I wouldn't say it is okay but what I've heard and seen, shows that they don't care about you."

"No need to rub it in." Said Cassie.

"That's not what I mean. I mean...they treat you badly, Cassie. I get why you are maybe a bit rude to them. You trusted them to look after you and they've let you down. Because of them, you don't trust people and you push people away that are trying to help you."

"You don't get it. I'm always a fucking burden to everyone."

"Hey! Stop swearing. You aren't a burden. If you were a burden, I wouldn't be suggesting what I'm about to suggest."

"Nope." Said Cassie and went to reach for the door.

I quickly locked it before she could get out. She looked at me with an annoyed look and tried reaching over to press the button but I held her hands away from it.