He barely acknowledges his headteacher as I follow him inside. He motions to the chair across from his as he sits down. "Please, take a seat."

I do, and he leans back and sighs. "As you know, Cole got into a fight with one of his classmates. Over Amalia."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What?"

While I know that Cole loves his sister, despite how much he tries to convince everybody of the opposite, I didn't expect to be called into his school because he fought someone over her. Who would even know anything about Amalia?

"Apparently one of the girls that goes to her dance told her older brother about her, and he took it upon himself to.. tease Cole about having a sister who doesn't talk."

     "Right.. and where's that kid?"

     "At home wiping the blood off of his face, I'm assuming." He sighs. "I understand why Cole did it, but we do not condone violence in this school. This is his first and only warning."

     I nod. "Okay."

     "I would expel him, but you've contributed and donated a lot to this school. But I won't hesitate next time."

     "Understood."

     "Great. Cole can come back on Tuesday, next week." He says.

     I nod again. "Thank you."

     "No problem." He leans over to shake my hand. I stand up and walk out of the stuffy office quickly. Cole looks up at me when I make my way over to him, but I just motion to the door. He stands up and follows me out of the school and towards the car park.

     We climb in, and only when we're almost home do I say something.

     "I'm glad you defended your sister." I tell him softly.

     He's been staring at the window ever since he got into the drivers seat, and he continues to when he's replies with: "shut up."

     I crack a smile.

I walk into Amalia's dance studio and smile at the woman in the front—Kiera.

     "Hey! I'll go get Amalia for you."

     I nod. She smiles back at me before quickly walking away, returning a minute later with Amalia behind her. Her hair is messy, her cheeks are red, and she looks exhausted. But she grins and waves at me.

     "Hi, baby." I say.

     She walks over to me and wraps her little arms around my waist. My expression softens as I rub my hand up and down the small of her back.

     "You ready to go?" I question. She nods and pulls away, swinging her dance bag by her side. I take it from her and hang it on my shoulder as she waves goodbye to her dance teacher. Kiera waves back, and sends me a polite smile before I turn and leave, Amalia beside me.

I walk to the car and open the passenger door for Amalia, who blushes as her lips turn up at the corners while climbing into the seat. I set her dance bag on the floor of the car.

"Did you have fun?"

She nods.

"Did you eat all of the food I packed for you?" I ask softly.

She bites her bottom lip as she shakes her head. I tilt my head, and she leans down, pulling the small plastic bag I put her food in out and onto her lap. She opens it so I'm able to see what's inside.

She barely ate anything.

I sigh. "Amalia.."

She looks so sorry that my heart is about to burst. Tears well in her eyes. My whole body softens.

"It's okay. You can have something to eat when we get home." I assure her.

I lean over and kiss her cheek, and she seems to relax before shoving the bag back into the other one. I smile. "Let's go home, yeah?"

She nods.

My smile widens as I step back and shut the door, circling the car and getting into the drivers seat.

AUTHORS NOTE

Thank you a billion to all the readers defending me in the comments against that little kid who just learnt what plagiarism is. I'm sorry to anybody that they were rude to in the comments, they have been muted :)

     Thank you also to those messaging me kind and encouraging words. I wanna let you guys know that I CANNOT reply to messages or comments due to complications with my email.. but if anybody has any questions please feel free to email me at:

urfaveisla@outlook.com

     I don't check my emails a lot but I will try to if you guys have a way of letting me know you emailed me, although I cannot promise they'll come through because my storage is on its last legs. But this way I'll be able to answer any questions you guys may have or if you want to just talk about my books I would love that :)

Thank you all for supporting me <3