Chapter 3: New Faces, Foes and Freinds

Start from the beginning

Part of Izuku wanted to run, but he knew he was already suspicious by staring at her too long. Izuku took a deep breath and reached out his right hand to shake hers.

"Nanashi, my name is Nanashi."

A giggle escaped the girl's mouth as she walked around Izuku, seemingly trying to understand him.

"You seem lost, are you perhaps new?"

"..., I just moved here recently."

"So you're going sightseeing. Just like a few days ago."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh don't lie, I saw you wandering around here multiple times."

Izuku tried to keep his composure as he cursed at himself for not noticing the eyes unknown to him during his night strolls. With a heavy sigh, Izuku nodded which made Kazumi's smile grow wider.

"Well then, you'd want someone to show you around. After all, others around here aren't so friendly."

"And how do I know that you aren't one of them?"

Kazumi stopped in front of him as her giggles started to get more sinister as Izuku's brain yelled danger.

"If I were one of them, you'd be facing a fate far worst than right now."

Izuku barely stepped beside a spear as he saw around him and Kazumi was a pink vortex. Izuku gritted his teeth and rushed towards Kazumi with both fists curled up. She weaved through each punch and jab as Izuku to touched the vortex with his left palm, absorbing some into the mark.

"You're not bad at all Nanashi."

Three spears appeared which Izuku repelled with the aether he absorbed into a similar vortex. Akashiro's words rang back in his head as he saw Kazumi's widened eyes.

"If one gets surprised, or even scared. They'll show a second of hesitation.---

A hand grabbed Kazumi's neck as she felt her aether slowly being drained. She tried to form a spear with the leftover aether she had behind Izuku and almost pierced it through Izuku's back if not him swiftly getting his dagger out to parry it away while pinning Kazumi to the ground.

"---then, take them out with a swift strike through their heart, or in a manifestation's case, their core."

Izuku used his dagger and struck Kazumi in her throat before securing the vanquish by using both hands to put the dagger's blade through her neck.

Kazumi's body fell down to the ground as Izuku took the time to regain his breath while the vortex around him slowly dissipated. Glowing prime aether started to come out from Kazumi's disintegrating body, although as Izuku put his left hand to absorb it, a familiar giggle came from behind him.

"Looks like you really mean business, don't you Nanashi?"

Izuku turned to see Kazumi still alive with a bunch of spears around her, pointed right at him. A second fight was what Izuku thought was going to sprout out as he held the dagger tightly with his right hand, but Kazumi pulled out a piece of paper and a quill.

"How about instead of making yourself another enemy, why not you make a friend?"

"You think I would believe someone who just attacked me a few minutes ago?!"

"*Giggles, of course. You don't have a choice Nanashi. Unlike you, I have connections, you're new here. Do you think you'd be able to face the entire manifestation community here if they'd all target you?"

Izuku could only stare daggers into Kazumi with frustration that he had been bested while the latter walked closer to him.

"You have potential, it'd be a bummer if you'd meet a premature end just being dumb. And don't worry, you can read this proposition first and thoroughly before you sign it."