A Lesson In Gender Identity - By Deku

Midoriya was rather surprised when Mirio waved him over during his time with Eri. The two of them babysat her all the time and the latter didn’t like to interrupt the bonding time between each. He watched the way the child’s face lit up when he got closer, Eri immediately looking up at the blonde and saying something. With a nod of approval, she then bolted in his direction. Izuku was a little surprised but he was quick to catch the seven-year-old when she jumped up to him. He chuckled a little as she loudly giggled. He was still in his uniform and found holding her uncomfortable in the fabric but he simply just smiled and continued to walk over to the blonde as she started to talk about her day.

    “Mirio-Senpai and I read books! I read one to him, Mr. Deku!” He smiled as she seemed so happy to have read, he gave a smile and was honestly very happy with her progress. He held her on his hip as he gently ruffled her hair.

    “That’s great Eri-chan, I’m so proud of you!” He said with a smile as her eyes lit up at the praise. After a couple more steps he got up to the taller male and smiled. “Hey, Togata-Senpai!” He told him as he smiled, the blonde also sharing a grin.

    “Midoriya! She’s been begging me and Aizawa to ask you about something.” The shorter teen looked a little surprised as he shifted her over to his other hip since she seemed to not want to be put down. He nodded a little and looked over at her with a smile.

    “Oh?” He said curiously before turning his attention back to the third year. “What would that happen to be?” He asked with a smile before looking at her long hair as he and the blonde started to walk in the direction of the teacher’s lounge.

    “Well-” Mirio started only to be cut off by the practically vibrating girl.

    “Dad is going to take me to the beach!” She said quickly. He was a little surprised since she wasn’t one to cut people off. Her face seemed to flush with embarrassment as she buried her head into his shoulder.

    The blonde was laughing as he walked, the noise seemed to make her feel better as she peaked from her hiding place. Midoriya gave a smile as he gave her a little squeeze. “We’re going to Takoba, she wanted to invite us.” He said in response. Izuku couldn’t help but smile as they entered the teacher’s lounge.

    “I love that place.” He said with a smile, not bothering to mention the fact he’d been the one to clean it up. The two of them sat down on the couch as he carefully placed Eri as the blonde sat on her other side. “Turn your back to me?” He asked the smaller child as her eyes lit up and she pulled both of the hair ties off her wrists. He took them with ease before Senpai continued his earlier statement.

    “Well, Aizawa was fine with it since he is completely fine with her being comfortable, but we both wanna be sure you’d be as well.” Izuku was working on giving her twin french braids as he responded without much of a distaste or anything.

    “I’ll be fine, if she needs to use the restroom or anything, I can take her since it would be easier and you both wouldn’t have to worry about strange looks.” He said simply, he was using genuine logic since it would be best just to deal with it.

    “Midoriya-Kōhai, are you sure?” Togata asked again as the green-haired teen just nodded as he continued. He pulled the braids into a bun as he worked, the blonde stepping away to get the pastel blue-haired girl’s hair up. He gave a little hum as he started to hum a soft melody, just about done as his teacher and Mirio returned.