5. The jealous teacher who denies it

Start from the beginning

"Next draw me as a bear and you climbing on my back Okay?"

Jungkook shakes his head and walks away in a hurry. Taehyung folds the drawing and puts it in his pocket. At home he kept it in a half-empty drawer. If someday he feels very sad, he will see it to think that at least, he was able to make a child a little happier and himself.

~ * * * ~

"I heard that Jimin is dating the archery coach."

The chemistry teacher's comment makes Taehyung almost spit out his drink. It's gossip he hears about by accident, as usual. Having developed hearing for his species, like many others, is a problem. He wanted to think otherwise, but was complicated by remembering how much they talk to each other.

Curiosity or not, he ended up heading straight for the gym. Today there was training with the archery team. He finds everyone outside except the coach and Jimin. Using the back door of the place he was able to get in and well... He finds them in a strange way.

The Alpha clenches her hands in her pants and purses her lips. He doubts they're having sex, but Jimin is so attached to her; puffy dark feathers and the cat's floppy ears make Taehyung think that genuinely, something is up. Jimin laughs, rubbing his cheek against hers.

"Yeah, you should go home. Something bad is going to happen at this rate."

"I thought the suppressor was enough."

"Do you want me to help you to your car?"

"Please... Thank you."

Taehyung puts a hand to his face. Ah, shit, Jimin was just helping her calm down because she went into heat. Genuinely nothing was happening and the more he sees them walking away, he realizes it. The worst thing is that in retrospect, why did he come here?

It's just a cat, get it out of your head.

~ * * * ~

"I'm sure he's dating the P.E. teacher, didn't you see them?! Half hidden on the court. He's a Ragdoll cat, he must be thrilled with a man like that."

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows as soon as he entered the classroom, listening to what some of the female students are whispering. Taehyung opens and closes the mouth, drops everything on the table and walks out giving the excuse that he forgot something. He heads to the court, not far from the building he was in. He finds something different from what he expected to find.

Jimin is there, so is the physical education teacher, but what they are doing is organizing the children who will have a fair tomorrow and it was agreed to do it in the courts for more comfort. Jimin sees Taehyung and waves to him. The bear doesn't reciprocate, going back the way he came.

Gossip is bullshit.

~ * * * ~

"You guys said the PE teacher yesterday, but I saw him with the chemistry teacher in the lab and she was really badly dressed." chides one of the students. That one just came back from the bathroom. Taehyung has just put his things away. Class is over and he has to go to the teacher's lounge.

Teacher's lounge.

Teacher's lounge.

Teacher's lounge.

Why is he in the lab?

As he peeks in he gets that there are horrible stains everywhere and there are a variety of teachers helping to clean up. Hoseok checks on the chemistry teacher, making sure the burn is not serious and they should call an ambulance as a precaution.

"Hey, did you hear the explosion from over there?" Hoseok turns to Taehyung. "One of the burners exploded and there was almost a fire. Fortunately nothing serious happened. Just a minor burn."

"More or less. I was told something happened here," Taehyung excuses. "Why are there so many people crammed in here?" he mutters quizzically. There are elementary school teachers too.

"Because it was a bad prank by sixth graders." clarifies Hoseok with a jaded sigh.

"We already took them to the principal's office and he called their parents, but we have to try to fix what we can." replies one of the elementary teachers. A canary beastman.

"I doubt this can be fixed," Jimin opines, looking around the stove. Taehyung snorts. Bless God why does he keep wanting to watch every time someone talks about Jimin with someone else? This is insufferable.

The Ragdoll puts it down and approaches the chemistry teacher, seeing the bandaged wound and a pronounced pout. He leans down to rub his cheek with hers, drawing a smile from her.

"I don't think it hurts anymore."

"What a fool you are, teacher."

Taehyung drops his ears and stretches his lips. Hoseok looks at him, then at Jimin What is he missing here?

~ * * * ~

Taehyung yawns and puts on his coat. It's snowing and he wants to leave before the pavement freezes. It's going to be a slow ride home. Not far away he notices the math teacher talking to Jimin and the Ragdoll nodding enthusiastically. He follows them with his eyes, he's leaving in the same car as her and wonders if it's just giving her a ride home or did something else happen.

He would be left wondering. He clenches his hands in his coat pockets. Annoyed to give so much thought to something that should be indifferent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~